• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked Files

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am tyring to uncover why my photo links are no longer updating automatically between photoshop and indesign. This is SO frustrating as I create magazines and I am having to manually relink them after editing photos in photoshop. I have never had this before. It's been since I updated about 3 versions ago and it will not rectify. I am finding there are just so many glitches of late and I have been a graphic designer for 20 years. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely an InDesign issue. Are you using the .psd file format for your placed images? What verisonInDesign are you running?

How do you edit images placed in InDesign.  With the select tool option double click on an image to edit original in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I am placing .jpg files. Running indesign 16.2.1.

Basically in photoshop I am doing a batch edit on folders of images. In the past I would do this to edit my files to print ready (300dpi and cmyk). Then I would switch to indesign and open the document out of my book file and it would come up with a notification asking if I want to update the modified links. 

It's coming up with this notification and I click updated links but I doesn't perfom this command. Then I click on the links pallette and click to update and it says (see attached). Then if I resave the image as a new file name it lets me re-link biut this is also not consistent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines