• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked mask behaves as unlinked when selecting part of it

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to make a selection on a layer with a mask and tranform it. However, now it behaves as though it is an unlinked mask regardless of the fact it is linked.

I've reset the preferences, tried new and old files, but it's still not working properly. There must be a way to set it back instead of making duplicates and erasing?

Bug.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

If you make a Selection first you are transforming neither the Layer nor the Layer Mask themselves but the selected pixels of the active Layer or Layer Mask, so I don’t understand what you mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

If this transform (inside a mask) would shift the whole mask and pic, your masks to the left would suddenly become worthless (in most use cases). I think you are confused about something...

Hm, not necessarily... Forget that. I confused myself now... 😄  In any case, I can't remember ever transforming stuff inside a mask. I would just reselect the object, transform the selection if need be, and add that to the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a Selection first you are transforming neither the Layer nor the Layer Mask themselves but the selected pixels of the active Layer or Layer Mask, so I don’t understand what you mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I am confused actually! camerona2191459_0-1655109911120.png

I think I used to do Select and Mask, Output to New Document, not New Document with Layer Mask, then I adjusted the items in the image to make it level. camerona2191459_1-1655109911122.pngcamerona2191459_2-1655109911123.png

Apologies for conusing you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this transform (inside a mask) would shift the whole mask and pic, your masks to the left would suddenly become worthless (in most use cases). I think you are confused about something...

Hm, not necessarily... Forget that. I confused myself now... 😄  In any case, I can't remember ever transforming stuff inside a mask. I would just reselect the object, transform the selection if need be, and add that to the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I am confused actually! 😅 I think I used to do Select and Mask, Output to New Document, not New Document with Layer Mask, then I adjusted the items in the image to make it level. 😅😅 Apologies for conusing you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines