• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify screen black HELP!

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Macbook Pro to Big Sur and now I have problems with my photoshop like Liquify isn't working properly with the screen popping up completely black. Not even just the liquify image screen but the buttons too are completely blacked out. I can guess at what I'm clicking on and the liquify works, I just can't see what I'm doing when I'm doing it. Same with other tools too. I tried unclicking the Use Graphics Processor in Preferences with no avail. I also tried resetting my preferences and it didn’t work. When i quit photoshop and restart it i get this "Due to a problem initializing CC Libraries, existing links to library graphics will appear broken and new link creation may fail."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has known problems with Liquify and other filters on Macs running Big Sur.  That restart message is another known problem.  See the workaounds on this page:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-big-sur.html#big-sur-known-issues

Unfortunately, the fix described is like Greek to me.  Hopefully someone with more tech knowledge than I will soon answer your post.  If it were me, I would also try putting the gist of that language in a post title with "Meaning?"

If you do a search in the Community for "Big Sur," you may find previous posts regarding the same problems and, hopefully some helpful advice.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. MacAir M1 running on Big Sur, Photoshop CC 2019. The dialog appears completely normal on external monitor, though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@larissaf0704 Try upgrading to PS Ver 2021. See if that helps. You do that through the Creative Cloud app.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to solve this? I've been having the same issue for some time now as well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I either use an external monitor or open photoshop in low resolution mode if I have to work directly on my mac screen. 

Get Info > check on Open in Low Resolution box before you launch Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same problem and I've tried so many ways but it just doesn't work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines