• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Liquify tool crash and Fill freeze in latest update of Photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Liquify tool crashes if the GPU is turned on. It works if the GPU is disabled, however, the eye tool won't work if the GPU is disabled.

Also, if the GPU is disabled, the fill function will freeze the program and it won't respond.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things you could try...

1. Reset the Photoshop Preferences. Look for the Reset Preferences On Quit button within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences.
  2. Turn off the Legacy Compositing feature within the Performance tab of the Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately none of these two steps helped. Keeps crashing. Had to revert to old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which old version are you using?

I was using 22.1, and recently have downgraded to 22.0, fixed one problem (couldn't save the file), but this liquify problem still haven't been solved yet.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#2 worked for me thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To circumvent the problem see this suggestion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0mHztpuc_o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still did not work. If we (the client) are paying a monthy/yearly sub fees. Please test your patchs or updates BEFORE releacing them. Don't exspect us to be your test dummies. If this is going to be the Norm. Then I exspect a refund for as long as this patch keeps crashing seeing its costing me money.

PS, yes my english is off. English is not my best side! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Holding down Alt (Opt Mac) and clicking the Liquify filter. Does it work now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it works again. PS updated, Nvidia updated... A bit weird that PS depends on specific NVIDIA driver settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not weird at all when you consider how GPU heavy processing images in PS can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally Agree!
I swear to god, one of the worst software experiences I ever had and one of the worst customer support.
Photoshop just keeps getting worse, slower, and glitchy, it even struggles with the most updated Hardware chips!!
I am 3D Artist, I usually work on massive 3D scenes with tons of Meshes and Elements and I never struggled with 3D software like how Photoshop deals with 2D Photos 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a concept artist that uses heacy 3D blender scenes and photoshop still causes me more problems. Have the exact same issue and im having to do some really annoying workaround just to liquify something that should take milliseconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and i dont know why. I was using the photoshop version before turn to 24 since december 2022. Today photoshop decides that would crashes after using liquify (recently i just updated the nvidia driver) I tried other solutions in internet but it just break the uses of other tools or add strange delays to brushes. Adobe creative cloud its a crap. Expensive, horrible plans (you pay for a massive bundle of software that you will not use or just one with almost the same price of the bundle) and has a lot of bugs all the time that they do nothing to fix. This problem of liquify for example has community discussions since 2019!!! Its a shame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sort to hear that. Several users of several programs in the suite reported issues that started with the December nVidia drivers. Do a total uninstall of the drivers, and replace them with the November Studio versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so true, professional product owners should invest in regression tests and not ask their paying customers to do the testing. Not very respectful. And its not the first time liquify causes problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating NVidia Graphics Driver fixed the problem for me - I agree with everyones frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god bro. Every Photoshop update, there's a random thing that will crash it. How can you mess up something that isn't messed up... Turn GPU off, change RAM consumption, reinstall Photoshop, open Photoshop in safety mode, install a version from 10 years ago, open Photoshop in a microwave with a glass of water... There's always these weird workarounds for a billion-dollar company that can purchase whatever software they want, but can't fix a minor error in their already owned programs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kauê Watanabe so GPU driver issues are Adobe's fault? Noted.

As you can see in this thread, there were corrupted Nvidia Driver updates in Dec/January that broke GPU related software that Nvidia even acknowledged. The solution from Adobe at the time was to roll drivers back to a pervious release. The latest releases have resolved that issue.

If your post was just to vent keep in mind if every user was on the same exact hardware build then Adobe could target and have stable releases. Often, not always - there are bugs, user still need to customize their settings/preferences to optimize Photoshop to run on their specific setup. Also not everyone has the most up-to-date hardware, GPU, etc that requires them to make concessions to run current software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as we know, Nvidia dominates the market, just like intel. If you're not using neither Nvidia or Intel, you're using AMD. There's not a bunch of hardware options.

Yeah, they change their chipsets and stuff, but the program not glitching with these stuff is the least I can expect while working. I got really good hardware and I monthly pay for Adobe.

Every update Photoshop breaks, and it really messes up everyone's workflow. Just ask anyone on this thread, there's always a problem with something on every update.

I tried all the things on this thread, every other one, I update my driver and that still isn't working and I'm using the stable version. Is that really stable?

I'm never covering it up for the multi-billionare companies lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kauê Watanabe not saying anyone is covering up anything just trying to give context. You're also forgetting Macs. There are a lot of variables out there.

Back to the issue at hand - are you specifically having the issue outlined in this thread or something else? If its unrelated to this post, please post a new thread on the forum.

If it is related and updating your drivers did not resolve, can you go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details in a reply?

Post only once as the system takes time to process the large amount of data. That will give us the details on your specific system to try and troubleshoot a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines