Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load Files Into Stack: Keep each path

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
I often need to format/crop multiple images. "Load Files Into Stack" is a great feature for such a thing. 

However, when loading and exporting ("Layers as Files") I lose all clipping paths. Well, all except the first file loaded. For the most part all path data gets flattened during the process.

Is there a way to keep clipping path of each individual file? Happy to manipulate or add script. Just don't know where one would begin or if it is even possible? Happy to hear different approaches as well. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Separate files have separate paths. When loading into a stack, it was never intended to copy all of the paths. It was also never intended to try to match the path to the layer when using export layers to files.

I would suggest that you batch apply the same crop to multiple images via action or script, rather than stacking them. Working on each individual image will retain the path, while the batch will automate over multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Separate files have separate paths. When loading into a stack, it was never intended to copy all of the paths. It was also never intended to try to match the path to the layer when using export layers to files.

I would suggest that you batch apply the same crop to multiple images via action or script, rather than stacking them. Working on each individual image will retain the path, while the batch will automate over multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling I was asking too much of that operation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines