• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Load Selection - Mismatching pixel measurements in Properties/Info

Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screen recording explains the issue clearly.

When I load a selection, sometimes it shows incorrect pixel measurement information.  I'm seeing a mismatch between me manually selecting an area compared to loading the selection of a layer itself.... when looking at the Properties window and the Info window.  

For example, a rasterized button image of 266 pixels wide is showing 328 pixels wide when I load the selection.

Maybe I'm not understanding how to use Photoshop, and if so, please educate me.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it.   Some of that layer was not visible on the artboard.   See my screen recording here.   

It created quite a mystery.  This has been happening to me in multiple files and so I assumed it was a Photoshop issue, but it is an issue with the artwork itself (artwork that I received from my client).   I'm leaving this post here so that in case someone else has the same issue with their artwork that this can shed some light on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @clevermill.com 

Thank you for clearly explaining the issue and the solution — this will be helpful to others who search the forums! 😊

Can you check one thing for me, just because I'm curious? If you use the Move tool now with nothing selected, are those extra pixels still sitting off screen? If they are and if you want to get rid of them, you can either select and delete them or Crop with the entire image selected and with "Delete cropped pixels" checked in the options bar.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines