• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading multiple DICOM folders (not files) at once?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple folders filled with DICOM files. I can select File > Scripts > Load Multiple DICOM Files and it will do as expected, it will load multiple DICOM files into one tab. This is great, except when I have tons of Folders that I'm trying to work with, and I can only select one at a time, wait for it to load, then go through the same process again. Is there any way to load multiple Folders at once and have them load in separate tabs like they normally would, instead of having to do them one after the other ad infinitum? 

Currently on Photoshop 2023.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to do it with a script. You might still have an issue of selecting the folders, unless you make a main folder and have the script cycle through the subfolders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at the script that loads DICOM files. It might be possible to modify it, by creating a loop that goes through the subfolders, as I previously mentioned. I would have to see if I have any DICOM files to try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One option to help semi-automate the task is to use Bridge to show all items from subfolders, then hide the folders and possibly use the filter panel to only show .dcm files. Then you can select all files and open in Photoshop. The DICOM interface will then list all the files and you can then use the button to select all images.

bridge.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've only opened a few DICOM files, so I'm not sure what all is involved with opening them directly through Bridge or bus the load DICOM script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines