• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LoadLibrary failed with error 126: the specified module could not be found.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error window each time i start any of my Adobe Apps: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Can't figure out how it's affecting my work yet, 

any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you kindly

Andrea

Screenshot 2020-10-07 100550.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

This issue generally found on the systems in which AMD Graphic card is installed.
For Windows 10: Follow the below steps to be double sure if the issue is with AMD.

Please open Run command (Windows key + R key), type devmgmt.msc in the box and press enter -> expand display adapter tab -> right click on graphic card -> update drivers -> click on browse from my computer -> click on the blue option for let me pick from a list.

From there you need to click on Microsoft Basic display adapters and click

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no patch or update from Adobe on how to get through this? Photoshop crashes as soon as I select pixels in a program. Staff suggested fixes don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the command prompt and it didn't work. I decided to go back and reinstall version 21.2.4 and although the error prompt does come up, it doesn't freeze PS. I guess that'll be my temporary fix until Adobe can get their ish together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this??? Im having the same problem. PS is pretty much unsuable right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, and it seems that we're not getting any answer on how to fix this. At least glad to see that I'm not the only one having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe and they troubleshooted it for me. It ended up having to do with my dual monitors. We updated new drivers etc and it works perfect. I highly suggest using the chat feature and they logged into my computer and fixed it! Super easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the drivers for your monitors? for Adobe products? for Windows?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by switching the ports that my monitors were plugged into. Then updated the video drivers. Unfortunately it took painful unnecessary hours of research and Adobe tech support wasn't very helpful via phone or chat. They did a remote session and simply said "your monitors aren't supported by Photoshop" and left me hanging with the solution to replace the monitors. Yeah, PS worked fine all this time and suddenly stopped working, and my $2,000 monitors are the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this solution as well, and it worked for me by swapping ports to my two desktop monitors.  I worked with Adobe Support, and they were quite helpful on other issues, but they did not offer this as a possible solution for the Error 126 issue.  In fact, they suggested that I might look in to getting a new (expensive) graphics card.  So ... for those of you experiencing LoadLibrary Error 126, try a simple port swap to begin.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read it in a comment, but just incase anyone else is still having this issue.  All I had to do was move the hdmi cable to a different port.. and problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This basically resolve it for me too, the key was switching the primary monitor to a different graphics card.  The drivers were up to date, I think there is a compatability issue with my Intel card.  The AMD card didn't have the issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one HDMI port in my Dell XPS computer. Where else can I connect the monitor to? Will switching to a new monitor help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my computer running Windows 10, and it started after I downloaded the 2021 version of Photoshop Elements. (Before that I had the 2020 Photoshop Elements trial and 2019 Premiere Elements installed.)

Here is what worked for me:

I went to AMD's Support page:

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Then I downloaded the package at the top of the page: "Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon Graphics and Ryzen Chipset Drivers for Windows."

That took a few minutes to install and my computer had to reboot a couple times. After that, I no longer got the error 126 messages when I opened Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements.

Before I downloaded the fix on AMD's website, I had tried going into the Device Manager on Windows 10 and updating my display adapters there -- my computer is running AMD Radeon (TM) RX 560 and Intel (R) HD Graphics 630. When I right-clicked each one and selected "update driver," the machine told me both were already updated. So that was a dead end.

Anyway, I haven't seen this solution posted on these forums, so I thought I'd add it in case it helps anyone. I am happy to pay it forward because forums like this have bailed me out many times whenever I've had to do computer troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nick for your post ...I'll give that a try! Again, thanks.
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. After I rebooted the 126 error stopped popping up and I can run Photoshop and Premiere Pro without any hassle. 

Thank You!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, Nick. After trying other suggested things, I tried updating the driver direct from the AMD website and it worked! (I had also tried right-clicking on the graphics card first in the Device Manager and it told me it was up-to-date - so glad I tried to do it directly from the AMD site.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and the above information does not fix the problem. Adobe need to fix the issue or refund my money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Win10 because I discovered that Windows Search was not working. The regular update didn't work for that and it required a different Win10 update(?). After updating, I had the same problems discussed here with my PhotoshopCS6 (64bit). I didn't test the other applications. After much cussing and, I admit, terroristic thoughts directed at Microsoft, I tried all manner of things until my brain somehow recalled having seen just the word "Intel" somewhere in this posting. I went to Task Manager and 'End Task'ed all intel listings. Photoshop works great now...well, about the same as it worked prior to my passing through the valley of the shadow of Microsoft Updates, ever a perilous place to be...Perhaps how to use "C:\Windows\System32\ copy atio6axx.dll .dl" could be more clearly described also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED FOR ME: I had the same problem. Photoshop 2019 worked just fine, but 2020 and 2021 wouldn't open without the "LoadLibrary failed" error popping up and then they would freeze when I tried to use them. I took the newer icons off my home screen and continued to use 2019, which worked. Until Photoshop updated again and deleted 2019 in the process. That left me with only Photoshop 2021 and therefore a non-functional Photoshop. I searched this thread and found the answer: update the graphics software. I'm using AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x682B) on a Dell Optiplex 7050. I ran control panel, found my graphics, searched it online, downloaded the AMD updating app, which scanned my system and recommended the update software, then I downloaded and installed it. I had to reboot a couple times in the process, but, after that, no more error message when opening Photoshop. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what I have read so far and updated the AMD Radeon RX 480 graphic card driver. Photoshop v 22.11 finally can be opened without any error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and after reading this thread switched ports for my monitor. That fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue generally found on the systems in which AMD Graphic card is installed.
For Windows 10: Follow the below steps to be double sure if the issue is with AMD.

Please open Run command (Windows key + R key), type devmgmt.msc in the box and press enter -> expand display adapter tab -> right click on graphic card -> update drivers -> click on browse from my computer -> click on the blue option for let me pick from a list.

From there you need to click on Microsoft Basic display adapters and click on next to install them.

For Mac Operating System, contact AMD to reinstall GPU from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! This was exactly the information I needed to solve the problem. Windows actually gave me an error saying that it couldn't install the Microsoft Basic display adapters, but then it worked anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the same error this morning when trying to open Photoshop and this answer fixed the problem for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines