Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are the temporary edits in photoshop cc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

This location is wherever you choose to save the document. If you open a PSD, and then save as JPEG, without changing the file or folder location, it will most likely be saved in the same location from where you opened the PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Go on this link. You will find your answer to ;locate the temp edits.

How To Find And Delete Temp Files Caused By Photoshop and Premiere | Fstoppers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you not referring to the Edit History in Ps? This is found on the History tab. The history remains as long as your document is open. If you save it as a PSD, JPEG, etc. and close the file, this history is saved to the file and cleared. When you open the document again the previous history will be gone.

If you save the document as a PSD, the Layer structure is saved, unless you have flattened or merged the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes As Dave told if you are looking for history then go to windows in photoshop and select History.

Screenshot_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in history. If you do a "SAve AS' to convert a PSD to JPG the location default is Temporary Edit location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This location is wherever you choose to save the document. If you open a PSD, and then save as JPEG, without changing the file or folder location, it will most likely be saved in the same location from where you opened the PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay my question is where can I access the temporary edits folder in finder? I see the folder when I choose "save as", but cannot find it in finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily! I see the last time you posted this comment was back in 2020. By any chance did you ever find this answer? I'm in the same situation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose! Yes, I actually found a work-around that works! It's been a while so I'll try and remember how I did it the best I can. So what I do to access it is I save a different file to temporary edits, search for that file name in finder, trash the document, and then go to the trash and select "put back", and the then the temporary files folder will automatically pop up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I have used this route to delete my Temporary Edit files:  Finder / Pictures / Lightroom Library / Show Package Contents / Temporary Edits.  Highlight to select the files you wish to delete and right click to select Move to Bin. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i can't find it. i'm using lightroom CC and nothing. even when i open package contents, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines