• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock Rotation in Photoshop (Feature Request)

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add an option to lock canvas rotation or to disable the rotation tool.

Disabling all gestures as a solution is unacceptable.

Disabling GPU/OpenGL usage as a solution is unacceptable.

Not all touch devices can disable rotation gestures, so suggesting to users that they use external software is also not an acceptable solution. For example, the Wacom 13HD touch does not have the "Standard Gestures" tab that allows the user to disable rotation gesture. This should instead be available inside photoshop.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Photoshop Feature Requests over on 

Photoshop Family

this Forum is primarily a user Forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got standard gestures on a Wacom Pro M but the options are greyed out.   Can you try using a divverent driver that 'does' have that tab, and would it work if you did that?  I've never liked gestures so never use them, even on my Cintiq Companion 2.  It seems to me that if there is a work around that involves thhe Wacom driver you might find it on the Wacom forms.

image.png

Absolutely raise it on the Feedback site, but I have a feeling that when it comes to controlling particular gestures independantly, that is going to be tablet specific, and not something Photoshop can implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines