• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked Crop Tool

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm struggeling with the crop tool in Photoshop. Can someone help me please?

I made a carousel for Instagram and normally I cropped it via the crop tool to export the photos separately. Somehow the crop tool is 'fixed', I can't choose square size. I have already reset the tool but nothing happens. In the picture above, you see the crop tool is 'grey'/fixed, I can't change something.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crop tool doesn't work with artboards. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that's true, because I did it last year with artboards & it worked. That's how I learned it in school lessons. But some months later, it doesn't work anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or did something changed in that time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are mistaken, the crop tool has never worked with artboards. You need to resize the artboard. The crop tool will give you handles and allow you to resize but you can't use any of the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the crop tool selected, you should see handles around your artboard. You just grab and move them. You can also type in exact measurements in the properties panel to rezsize it precisely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines