• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long pause verifying Photoshop - macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening up an image in photoshop from lightroom, or just opening photoshop alone, and dealing with the 15 minute bar that barely moves forward in order to "verify photoshop" -- this must come to an end, Adobe.  This is absolutely killing me.  Only if I had another optoin... I'm longing to jump off this ship.  Figure it out, please.  

Thanks,

A weary photo editor

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Hi

You didn't give your OS, but I started getting that message when I updated to Catalina. It only takes a few seconds for me though, not 15 minutes. Try these links if you are on macOS:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491

https://appletoolbox.com/why-is-macos-catalina-verifying-applications-before-i-can-open-them/

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250731084

The last link says to call Apple Support if you still have issues. If you are on Windows, please say so and perhaps another v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apps on a spinning hard drive do take much longer than apps on an SSD. I strongly recommend replacing hard drive storage with SSDs, especially the startup drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gatekeeper takes forever to verify applications from Microsoft and Adobe... gee, I wonder if that's some kind of nudge to just give up and use only applications from Apple...?  To think, I once proselytized for Apple in every work environment.  Problem is, I got on the Mac bandwagon when Macs were still 'the little guy'... "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (Lord Acton).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue only the verification process is not ever completing, stuck at about 95% through the process.

Mac OS 12.5.4. would appreciate any fix! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update - it did finally open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found on some of our older Macs, if one gives Full Disk Access to the relevant Adobe

applications, then the verification process time is substantially reduced.

https://support.intego.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016683471-Enable-Full-Disk-Access-in-macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, using MAC and I am sitting every morning for 15 to 25 minutes waiting for this "verifying" [cursing removed] 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have some other serious issue. Verifying should only happen once when an app is first installed. Can you give us some idea of your system details? Are you using any automated "cleaner" software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines