• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for program to use for resources that require CS3 and above

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am a Windows user and I frequently look at and sometimes buy photoshop resources from various sites on the internet (ie sites that sell brushes, actions etc).  I have run across resources that require CS3 and above.  I know that CS is no longer produced and that things are through Creative Cloud now.  However, I am not looking to pay a monthly subscription.  So my question is, what would be the newest, non subscription based program that I would be able to use so that I can utilize resources that require CS3 and above?  I am looking to purchase an older program (but as up to date as I can) that will do this and purchase it from a third party seller that is legitimate and buy the program brand new, unused condition.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not sell older versions of their applications. You can purchase a subscription to the Creative Cloud All Apps, a single app, or the specially priced Photography program. Most are annual plans, so check the terms.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

You could try Photoshop Elements, which is stand-alone.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"purchase it from a third party seller that is legitimate"

You may want to give this a read

https://prodesigntools.com/dont-buy-adobe-software-on-ebay-craigslist-or-amazon-marketplace.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

purchase it from a third party seller that is legitimate and buy the program brand new, unused condition.

Sounds simple but very difficult in practice. Hard to tell scammers (almost all of them) from legitimate sellers. Their ads are very convincing and compelling.

If you part with the money, you have no idea if you've got a legitimate serial number until you enter it on your screen. If your serial number is not accepted, it's very difficult (or impossible) to get your money back. Basically not worth the risk.

Photoshop Elements may be your best bet if the brushes and actions that interest you are compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - Thank you everyone for your replies.  These resources don't say that they are compatible with Elements (and there have beentimes when I asked and they said that they weren't compatible with Elements).  I was wondering which program it means when it says Photoshop CS3 and above.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines