• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

losing detail and alot of noise after converting from raw to psd

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, i have recently tried to use photoshop to edit my photo, i have converted the Raw file to PSD to edit them but when i have edited them i have noticed that there is quite alot of noise on the photo. can anyone help me find out what im doing wrong. There is no noise on the original JPEGS. i have uploaded part of the picture to show you what i mean. thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera-processed jpegs have noise reduction applied. This is part of the processing done in the camera - but automatic, without any user input.

When you process the raw files yourself, instead of letting the camera do it, you need to apply your own noise reduction. Keep in mind that it's the exact same sensor data from the camera, so if one has less noise, it's just because more noise reduction is applied.

This is Lightroom, but the Camera Raw plugin (ACR) uses the same processing engine and has the same controls:

noise.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your expert explaination, that really helps me hugely, I will try your advise, thank you so much and I  really appreciate 🙂 

hope you all the best 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines