• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing styles too.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every now and then (not every single time) when I open up CC 2023 my styles & patterns are gone (not even the ones that came pre-loaded)! I have not reset to the defaults ever - bc I have added quite a few custom styles & patterns that I use on the regular. Again, I have not restored to the defaults. All the custom actions and brushes are showing, just not my styles or patterns. 

I usually have to re-import everything, which takes time & is annoying. Plus, I have to remember where the style & pattern files are in my computer ...

I have read through the posts about this from 2017 and don't understand the solution and see that one was not really solved. I would like to know how to correct & prevent this. 

CC 2023

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, I have to remember where the style & pattern files are in my computer ...

Did you not save the pat- and asl-files in the default locations (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 20XX/Presets/Styles~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 20XX/Presets/Patterns) so they are available via the dropdown menu of the respective Panels? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure how to access the default locations but I will see if I can find those ASAP. I have been adding pat & asl through the import features  - I thought that was the most common way, am I wrong?

Thanks for reaponding immediately!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been adding pat & asl through the import features  - I thought that was the most common way, am I wrong?

It does not seem like the most convenient way. 

To get to your user library click the alt-key to reveal »Library« in the Finder’s »Go«-Menu. 

Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 17.37.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm there (in the Library) but there is no pattters or styles folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Listn2yrmom wrote:

Thanks, I'm there (in the Library) but there is no pattters or styles folder

Are you in the Library or the User Library? 

Please post a screenshot that shows the full path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was in the User Library, but I did find the PS 2023 Library & added all my pat & asl files into the appropropriate folders & opened up those windows in PS to see they are full again! 🙂 Now, let's hope they stay there permanently ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Listn2yrmom in additon to what @c.pfaffenbichler suggested - you should confirm that Photoshop is listed in Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really sure how to do that, but will attemp to figure it ou! Thanks!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I di find it but it's not letting me add PS even after I unlocked it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you an admin on this Mac? Clicking the plus sign should allow you to add any application to the list with proper credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Listn2yrmom go to your Apple icon top left and choose System Preferences...

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1677516764013.png

Then navigate to Security and Privacy. Full Disk Access is an option in the list.

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1677516904992.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's where I got to, but PS (beta) was listed. I tried to add PS 2023 but it wouldn't let em & yes I am the admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS Beta shows when you have both installed. It applies the setting to both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines