• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost: Favorite fonts in Photoshop CC 2018

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're gone. I restore them. They're gone again on the next instance of running Photoshop. I reset them. They are gone again.

How do I fix this? Where's the 'save favorites' button found?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Well, that problem is fixed now that the latest release was issued. Now Photoshop's latest version can't record or playback Actions! GREAT FIX, there ADOBE! Go ahead, fellows. Try it. You cannot record an ACTION. Not one tool used is recorded. NOT ONE!

Great fix. Right answer was: Adobe caused every subscriber a problem.

BTW, when is the video editor gonna work? It hasn't since Photoshop CC was released. If it's not suppose to work, remove it.

AND, while we're at it. What happened to the Edit/Fill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there is a know problem with font favourites. It's such a useful feature so fingers crossed for a speedy fix.

Re: Photoshop CC can't stored fonts marked earlier as favorite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope for a speedy answer? Well, the first post in the original thread has a date of 2016! Photoshop

WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GONNA ADDRESS THIS?

I'm a retired software developer. It's quite obvious that you should never allow automation of features. Your software should allow the user to save any settings or features or layouts with a SAVE NOW menu or button.

Today I got a Photoshop update. Did this fix the problem? No. Was I told what would be changed or what was changed? No.

I'll say this one more time. I've lost my favorited fonts. Others have too.  WHEN WILL ADOBE FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I can tell you is that I don't have this problem, and that my favourite fonts are always there every time I start Photoshop.  Are your favourites OS/Photoshop standard?  Are they Typekit fonts?  Is there anything you can think of that will isolate your particular issue?

If you favourite Arial for example, do you still lose it as a favourite on restart?

What operating System are you using?  Some Macs have had issues with Permissions, and it might be that whichever file is used to save favourite fonts is locked as read only. Jeff Tranberry's Troubleshooting FAQ covers permissions, and much more.  You might be able to find where this information is stored from this page.

There is also a font issue guide and FAQ.  If you are using a Mac, then it might be that just deleting the Font Cache will fix your problem.

Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Like I said above, I don't have the same problem, and nor has anyone jumped in with a 'me too' addition to this thread, so I suspect it is fixable for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it was fixed. It got fixed with the new update. But the new update screwed up recording and playing back Actions. I suppose you don't have such a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now! The stars are back. I downloaded a new typeface (not called a font) from Adobe Creative Cloud, nd the favorited list is found after a restart.

But guess what! NO FONT SAMPLES ARE NOW BEING SHOWN! WTF Adobe software is a joke! So it their damn support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS: Windows 7 Professional.  Got latest .Net Framework installed after a shut down (warm start)

Platform;
processor: AMD FX 6300
memory: 16 Gb
Adobe Photoshop installed: 64 bit.

The favorites are back, but there still are no samples of the fonts. They were there before I used Creative Cloud to get one free typeface. Now favorites are back, but typeface samples are GONE.

I will call customer support on Monday. I cannot put up with this. I'm working with this tool, making flyers and various other things for various stores and people. I HAVE A JOB using this tool, and delivery of products are due at a certain date, and my tool keeps breaking! This is NOT acceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again! Another Photoshope update. No fix for fonts. The favorites are not saved and there is no preview of the fonts.

When will this be addressed? I don't even get any response from Adobe.

Perhaps if I cancel my subscription, then maybe they'll get this fixed.

JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO? This is painful! It worked for four years. I have no content save for 3 of the ten free fonts. Nothing I've done has changed this. I wouldn't know what to change.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that problem is fixed now that the latest release was issued. Now Photoshop's latest version can't record or playback Actions! GREAT FIX, there ADOBE! Go ahead, fellows. Try it. You cannot record an ACTION. Not one tool used is recorded. NOT ONE!

Great fix. Right answer was: Adobe caused every subscriber a problem.

BTW, when is the video editor gonna work? It hasn't since Photoshop CC was released. If it's not suppose to work, remove it.

AND, while we're at it. What happened to the Edit/Fill tool? You used to be able to create frames and trees, and other things shown in your video here:

Create with patterns in Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Fixed is it? These three above DON'T WORK. I bet you have a CORRECT ANSWER FOR THAT too: Adobe screws up again! Almost every release causes a fix and a new problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop 2018 release 19.1.5 and have the same "no font has been marked as favorite" issue.

I called Adobe Customer Service 800-833-6687 and spoke with Santimary Khongwar. After a few minutes of explaining the problem, I allowed her to access my computer to demonstrate the issue.

After 53 minutes on the phone, with over 30 minutes of her attempting to fix the issue on my computer, she was unable to fix this.

Once you close the program, every saved font is gone. If you're having this same problem, please call the number above and express your position. 

As for me, this is a deal breaker! Unless this is resolved, I will not renew my yearly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me today & I wanted to wait it out for a day or so to see what would happen if I left Photoshop open all day and now my saved fonts are back b4 the day was up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unbelievable. I lost 2 hours today sorting my fonts. Maybe is time to look for a real photography software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2022 still here.. Posted the bug on: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/bug-photoshop-cc-23-2-2-and-older-versions-f... 

Also, @Molly Doane posted about it and I am currently awaiting her instructions as to how to repair this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines