• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost mouse brush size control after update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer control the brush size with the thumbnail control on my Logitech mx master 3 after the recent update. I confirmed that Photoshop was an approved app with Logitech options. Still works fine with PS 2020. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update with this problem? I have the same issue and its driving me crazy. I want my options back. Is it Adobe issue or Logitech issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this seaching Logitech forums

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058062053

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But latest update says its working with all Adobe 2021 products and their support staff have confirmed that the Photoshop 2021 contextual functionality is working. 

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025297893

My problem is when Photoshop is opening I am getting an error saying "The LogiOptions version 8.36.40 extemnsion cannot be loaded because it was not properly signed." 

I am runing the latest version of LogiOptions 8.36.76.

Been back and forth with Logitech support and they have me uninstalling Photoshop, Logitech Options...deleting extension files and folders...and nothing. 

Their support people cant see that they file is referenceing the wrong software version and thats why I am getting the error.  I am so tired of this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any followup on this? I'm having the same issue as well with Photoshop 2021 (22.1.0)

"The LogiOptions version 8.36.40.0 extemnsion cannot be loaded because it was not properly signed."

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 11.19.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on M1 mac if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue, wrong extension installed, so no brush size option working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue here as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Also a appr. 1 minute delay befor I can use PS2021 due the Logitech Error screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I have the latest version of Photoshop 2021 (22.1.1) and Logi Options (8.36.76).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does @adobe support check these message boards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently not 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem on M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. come on ADOBE at least show us that you read this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same issue with my MX Master 3 for Mac - the Photoshop extension can't be loaded upon startup thus the brush control is unavailable. Pretty sure that's something to be handled by Logitech but it seems they don't get the point. Did anyone succeed in having this work with PS2021?

Mine does't mention anything about signature, but I too have the version number discrepancy (see attached).

Thanks for your help,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm aware, after some excessive digging, it seems to be an issue on the Logitech side of things, as apple has strict policies when it comes to the approval of any and all MacOS applications & their extensions, which allows for a more enjoyable UX (as opposed to the Android app store). Until Logitech handles things on their end with a new extension update that meets the requirements for MacOS, we lack the ability to utilize the secondary scroll wheel's functionality. I'm assuming it's just a "luck of the draw" side effect of the broken extension, because all of my other functions set within LogiOptions work fine in PS. I'm sure if enough people reach out to Logi Support they'll employ the necessary changes. As of now it seems people are stuck in a back-and-forth with seemingly unhelpful LogiSupport reps....but like I said, surely if enough people bombard their inbox (and rightfully so given how long this issue has persisted) they'll be moved to action. I'm about to email their support myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopeful the Logitech update of today April 1 would fix this issue with Photoshop but no luck...anybody for this fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this fixed I mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to latest version 8.50.210 today, brush size in Photoshop still NOT working and the error on launch still comes up about the extension not properly signed... this is a Logiotech issue... probably a complete waste of time posting comments on an Adobe forum its not thier problem to fix.  

A Logitech forum has this thread started 6 months ago, maybe the more comments posted on this the sooner it will be fixed... https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/community/posts/360050759554-MX-Master-3-and-Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea. I just posted there with a link back to this thread. To get rid of the error message, I simply move the problematic folder somewhere else which doesn't seem to impact the other functionality of the mouse at all. Wonder if this folder is a legacy of a previous version. It doesn't fix the brush size issue but at least gets rid of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went there and posted too. If anyone else sees this and wants to get it fixed I would recommend clicking the Logitech link and writing your question/complaint there. Can also start calling support and asking how to get it resolved. Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Same for me, still no luck after the update...

Cheers,

Didier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with the logitech craft keyboard. After some updates last year the crown fuctions stopped working in all adobe programs. I was run through a bunch of updates and random things to no avail. The crown in adobe programs was the sole reason i purchased the keyboard. It was awesome when it worked. Now its a really expensive keyboard with a fancy volume knob. Highly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do the Crown functions do with that keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I found it.  It's a volume knob thingie that can be configured to adjust other functions.

Is the keyboard configured with G-Hub or Options? 

Have you lost application sync with the control after updating Photoshop.  App specific syn will record a file location and a specific .exe file to sync to, and it is possible that location might have changed.  Yep. The file location will be different with Photoshop 21 from 20.

image.png

OK, check out the Logitech control app (G-Hub or Options) and make sure that the Photoshop functions are pointing to the right location, and come back if that does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines