• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost "ALT" option in ACTIONS

Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost all of my personal ACTIONS with the new Photoshop (24.5.0) update. I am trying to create new actions but there is no "ALT" key option. Only Shift and Control. I tried to open ACTION OPTIONS from the ACTION CONTROL PANEL but it's greyed out. Your help is greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean in Action Options... ?

I think this was never the case, as the (Windows) OS uses a bunch of Alt + F key combos. They probably preferred to stay out of the way.

Have you first selected an action (not a folder) before going to Action Options...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, always save actions as .atn documents to recover in the future. 

Since you didn't, it may still be possible to locate them. Search for Actions Palette.psp ideally before the update! 

Copy Actions Palette.psp from your old backup and replace Actions Palette.psp in your current \Documents and Settings\ folder. May work. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

It's the same on the Mac, there is no OPT key modifier available to action F(unction)-Key shortcuts.

Actions can be run from a script, and an installed script can have a custom keyboard shortcut applied, including the ALT/OPT key:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/11/photoshop-scripting-actions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines