• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loved my CS5. Which is best version of Adobe Creative PS to roll back to?

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used PS since year 2000. Ended up with CS5 which I used for years. Finally was forced to switch to subscription version. It is just awful. So buggy that yesterday I had to use a basic paint program to do something quickly.

Would it help for me to roll back to 2013 version?

Is there any other software available either free or not that will not keep changing every few months?

Geraldine

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but apparently it only works for 30 days. I still have my install disks for CS5. Is there some way I can get them to work on windows11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The important thing is the serial number. That's your license, that's what you paid for. You can install a trial version and license it with a valid serial number.

Note that CS5 won't work forever as operating systems and hardware keeps evolving, while CS5 is stuck in 2010. You may see various issues going forward.

If you have problems in current versions, the likely cause is an outdated or underpowered GPU. Newer versions make very advanced use of the GPU, and it needs to meet current standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Geraldine28024424c0gk 

In case it's not clear: the subscription you have now works with all versions of Creative Cloud.

CS6 came in both stand-alone and subscription. If the one from ProDesign Tools is the one that is subscription, it will work (theoretically) when you sign in with your Adobe ID and PW.

I'm on macOS, but I think on Windows there is a setting that says something to the effect of "run in a previous version of Windows".

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to stick with your CS5 version, then roll back your Windows to Win 10. That's the bubble you'll need to create for yourself.

hth

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines