Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR look in PS as Smart-Object with ACR

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

i created a look in LR and want to have this as a smart-objekt with acr filter in PS.

only possibility i found: in LR "edit in ps - open in PS as smart-object" then double click the layer and save the settings as preset. create a new layer as smart-object and apply acr with this preset.

is it possible to have it directly out of LR?

the reason i want this is, that i want to have my retouch under the look layer - and i dont want to retouch and then open in LR and apply the look because i want to have everything in 1 file.

thx for help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

It's still a bit unclear to me what you want - but it seems you'r confusing the ACR filter with ACR raw processing. They are not the same.

The same setting in ACR will not produce the same result in those two scenarios. All adjustments are color space specific. In one case you're applying the adjustment to a gamma-encoded RGB color space, in the other to ACR/Lightroom's internal working color space (linear gamma ProPhoto).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still a bit unclear to me what you want - but it seems you'r confusing the ACR filter with ACR raw processing. They are not the same.

The same setting in ACR will not produce the same result in those two scenarios. All adjustments are color space specific. In one case you're applying the adjustment to a gamma-encoded RGB color space, in the other to ACR/Lightroom's internal working color space (linear gamma ProPhoto).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay that sounds logical.

but is there a way of non destructive working (retouching in photoshop and look creaton in LR)?

if i retouch in ps and afterwards do a look on my final tif with LR it also doesnt look like it shouhld because its no raw??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you want to use preset from Lightroom in Photoshop's Camera Raw. Another can do this by creating a preset of your edits in Lightroom, and then export the preset. Then, using Photoshop or Bridge, open Camera Raw and import the preset. This isn't much more direct than your method though, but with either method, the preset will be available for future edits once you have saved it in Camera Raw. Once you have the preset in Camera Raw you don't have to start your edit in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but (as @D Fosse mentioned) only on a raw file...

i want to use it on an "all layers merged-smar† object" with acr-filter on top of my retouch-layers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines