• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR to PS Classic Batch Process Tif with Actions that use external filters

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'll give it a shot.

I've created an action that uses several different 3rd party filters (e.g. Luminar 4, Retouch4Me) in PS. The action runs through the filters I have set, saves the file and closes it. I run the batch process with a folder full of tif files. In LR, I open up the folder after the batch process, see that the filters have been applied. All good.

Then, I run the same batch process with the same action from a different folder and in LR, none of the filters have been applied (ran it overnight as I'm a school photographer and it was hundreds of images so it took hours). 

It seems like a metadata issue in LR and isn't the end of the world, but I thought I'd post it here in case there's a simple fix.

To add to the strange behavior, I'm running the same batch action right now on a different set of tif files. I have LR open and am in the Develop module. The thumbnail of an image that has gone through the action doesn't show the filters applied until I click on it and then zoom in on the image. Is it a cached info/metadata issue? 

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Yes, this is a feature of Lightroom - it prefers to use pre-generated previews and decides on its own when to update them. Most likely the menu command Library -> previews -> build previews will not help in this case.

It is guaranteed to update the preview if you use the "Edit in..." context menu command to open the file, but this does not fit into the described scenario. The only way that will allow you to completely update all previews is to go into the catalog folder and delete "Lightroom Ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a feature of Lightroom - it prefers to use pre-generated previews and decides on its own when to update them. Most likely the menu command Library -> previews -> build previews will not help in this case.

It is guaranteed to update the preview if you use the "Edit in..." context menu command to open the file, but this does not fit into the described scenario. The only way that will allow you to completely update all previews is to go into the catalog folder and delete "Lightroom Catalog Previews.lrdata"

I try not to use Lightroom for such scenarios. In this case, Bridge would be more convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the info. I've been using LR as a full time professional for
over 10 years and I didn't know how that worked. On the files I'm working
on, I just went to the library and made LR build new previews and now
they're updated. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines