Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Can't copy smart objects from Illustrator to Photoshop 22.3 M1 Mac Mini

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Since the latest silicon update for Photoshop (22.3) on my M1 Mac Mini I can't copy smart objects from Illustrator to Photoshop. I get a spinning wheel and it won't go away until I copy something else (a random text for example, but still can't paste the objects). It is really frustrating as I work a lot if smart objects. I didn't have this problem before the update. Does anyone have the same problem, and is there a fix? 

Thanks so much. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot copy smart objects from Illustrator to Photoshop since silicon update v22.3.

Please note that Multi-app workflows, such as Copy and Pasting or Editing in Photoshop from Lightroom or Illustrator, between native and Rosetta emulation versions of Adobe applications will not work.

Adobe recommends against running apps in different modes. Run both applications in the same native or emulation mode.

To learn how to run Photoshop in Rosetta, see About Rosetta.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you cannot copy smart objects from Illustrator to Photoshop since silicon update v22.3.

Please note that Multi-app workflows, such as Copy and Pasting or Editing in Photoshop from Lightroom or Illustrator, between native and Rosetta emulation versions of Adobe applications will not work.

Adobe recommends against running apps in different modes. Run both applications in the same native or emulation mode.

For more details on the M1 native known issues with Photoshop, please refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link shows another link to the Apple Silicon installer, which I am on, yet the installer confirms to install the Intel version!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! experience issues with my new Mac mini 8ram, running Big Sur.
When switching between Xd or illustrator to photoshop it takes about 2 minutes before the program to responds. Illustrator -> photoshop or XD-> photoshop. Pasting paths or items between programs does not work at all. I am running latest updates on all PS 22.3.0 xd 38.0.12.13 illustrator 25.2.1, Big Sur 11.2.3. Anyone experience same issues ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For more details on the M1 native known issues with Photoshop, please refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohh ok! thanks, is there a plan to upgrade all the programs for silicon so this will work in the future? 

br

Pär

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are working on making the Creative Cloud apps run natively with Mac computer with the Apple Silicon chip. 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx! 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop keeps crashing on me!

I just bought a brand new 2020 macbook 13" with M1 chip today.
I barely started using photoshop and I already have issues. I tried to import a shape from illustrator and it instantly crashed when pasting into photoshop. 
I tried restarting, reopening, doing it differently, but now PS constantly crashes.
Can Adobe help?

I have PS 22.3 (Apple silicon is appears)
It crashed after I tried to import from Illsutrator 25.2.1 (Intel but says is compatible)

I have a 2020 macbook pro 13" - macOS Big Sur version 11.2.2 / 16 GB memory / M1 chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. It makes sense, however something is strange. I checked and my photoshop runs on Apple Silicon. However my illustrator doesn't. But the article you sent doesn't make sense on my computer because I don't see what is being explained.
Attached screenshots of the info on my photoshop and illustrator. My photoshop is compatible with M1, and yet I have the option to use it with Rosetta. How does that make sense?
Additonally, my illustrator is Intel, and yet I DON'T have the "open with Rosetta" ticker option. I am very confused. What should I do? Please let me know what I should do to optimize the use of both apps without having issues. I use both apps everyday for work, constatnly. 

PS: reminder of my setup: macbook 13" M1 chip, MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3, 16GB of ram.
Thank youScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 9.34.25 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generic unhelpful Bot response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, SAME PROBLEM. VERY ANNOYING. BRAND NEW COMPUTER AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN USE IT FOR SIMPLE, BASIC FUNCTION!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Adobe updates all their applications you could use library to transfer smoothly. Not as smoothly as copy/paste but still. They work quite fast updating for the new Mac actually. Also have you updated to latest version of the Mac OS. That takes care of a lot of issues on Adobe stuff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem: can't place a smart object in Photoshop, which is necessary for my workflow. 

After hitting paste, I got a spinning wheel, then: "Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid." 

I'm running Photoshop 2021 22.3.1 release on a new Macbook Pro with Big Sur 11.2.1.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me tooooo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i update my Ai and PS apps, the copy and paste commands work again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually nevcermind (and sorry for the erratic updates) it worked ONCE then has frozen since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines