• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M-chip optimisation

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After which CC version is Pshop (and the rest CC apps) are optimised to run on Apple's Mchip processors?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

No, I wouldn't summarise it that way.

1. The article is about Photoshop. Each app must be looked at separately. 

2. You say "faster". I would not say that. You first said "optimized". I would not say that. The article says "runs natively".  This is the correct phrase. The others are casual and may be wrong. Also, be sure you INSTALL the native version, rather than the Intel version. Be sure you understand the difference - Photoshop is unusual in that it has different apps instead of one combined a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry, i dont see a reply concerning what ive asked! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is there. Paragraph starting "As of March 2021" seems clear. Do I miss something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we could say that Adobe CC 2021 apps, all run faster on Apple computers with M1 chips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I wouldn't summarise it that way.

1. The article is about Photoshop. Each app must be looked at separately. 

2. You say "faster". I would not say that. You first said "optimized". I would not say that. The article says "runs natively".  This is the correct phrase. The others are casual and may be wrong. Also, be sure you INSTALL the native version, rather than the Intel version. Be sure you understand the difference - Photoshop is unusual in that it has different apps instead of one combined app.

3. Photoshop 2021 was released around October 2020. The article says "As of March 2021". So it might be an update version, or just the date of the article. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the reason for the question? 

Are you working on a pre-M1-Mac or do you work on an M1Mac but want to use an obsolete Photoshop version for another reason? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know what Adobe has planed in her roadmap.
Is she supporting the Silicon chips or not? And if she does, when did she start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know what Adobe has planed in her roadmap.
Is she supporting the Silicon chips or not? And if she does, when did she start?

By @george gen

Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don't know.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry maybe i wasnt clear... im not asking for her future plans, im reffering to what she is already doing right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry maybe i wasnt clear... im not asking for her future plans, im reffering to what she is already doing right now.

By @george gen

What Adobe is doing was outlined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firstly... I never said it wasnt out lined, im just answering c.pfaffenbichler's question "What is the reason for the question?"
Secondly... which year of CCapps would be considered to be native to the Silicon chips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines