• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Photoshop 21.1.3 freezes when using Adjustments on macOS (Rulers enabled)

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I thought that the problem when using intensity/contrast in adjustments (it is extremly slow to the point I think the computer freezes) was solved by restoring preferences and restoring warning messages, but as it turns out the problem is still there! Turning of the graphic card processor helps maybe a little (one or two times) but then there are other issues such as I can't use the filter "lightning effects". The problem is there wether I work on a big or small file. The only thing I can upgrade on the computer is to the OS Catalina.

Computer :  OS Mojave 10.14.6, iMac (Retina 5K, 27, 2019), processor Intel Core i9, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, 

Radeon Pro 580X 8GB.

Please need help!

/Jan

{Moderator note: PS-48654

Thread title edited}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020
Hi all,

Apologies for the frustrating freeze with some Photoshop adjustments: We've added this issue to Photoshop's known issues documentation.

The current workarounds that we’re aware of are:
  • Disable Rulers (CMD+R on Mac, Ctrl+R on Win), or
  • Move the Adjustment dialog outside of Photoshop’s workspace/interface before touching any sliders.
Let us know how this goes.

We have been able to reproduce the freeze internally and the engineering team is currently investigating a fix.
Stay tuned to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of  Photoshop 21.2.

This update includes the fix for Photoshop 21.1.3: Hue Saturation dialog not responsive

Here's a list of fixed issues in this release: Bug fixes

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,
Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
ADOBE released an upgrade today that fixed this problem. I tested it and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 152 Replies 152
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then when you force quit, the program icon just bounces in the doc when trying to reopen the program.

So now I have to close all the programs I am working on and restart.

For professionals working on deadlines - this is hugely problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then... after restarting your computer, Photoshop doesn't recover the file that you were working on at the time when the program froze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue for a few days now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Pete Green’s post: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-3-hue-saturation-dialog-box-bu...

The work-arounds seem to be hiding the Rulers or moving the dialog window off theimage window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought resetting Preferences worked, opened up PS and used the Hue/Saturation once without error. Then used it again, crash!! 

I've resorted to importing the image into Lightroom to adjust colour settings there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you hide the Rulers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only seen that 'workaround' since.  But now I'm currently reinstalling the previous version of PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the same problem! 

Have tried the suggestions mentioned in the thread and its still freezing when I adjust hue/saturation or brightness/ contrast. It works fine when I adjust the levels though? 

Super frustrating if anyone has fany new ideas or has figured out how to fix this pls let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it freezes even with the Rulers hidden

If you can reproduce that you may want to add your observations to the existing Bug Report (along with your System Info). 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-3-hue-saturation-dialog-box-bu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alguien que hable español y que pueda ayudarme a instalar creative cloud por favor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It seems everytime there is an update we get another bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.... PS freezes and I have to force quit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you hide the rulers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hidden rulers and problem solved! anyway I'm tired that every update there's a bug to solve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that may the price for the program’s complexity.

edited 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what a hefty price that is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes im having the same issue, no matter what i try, it crashes on hue / saturation or brightness / contrast! Please say theres going to be a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...just trying to use the saturation or brightness and i get a half-freeze of ps. I just can drag the dialog through photoshop but can't use the app. So I need to close photoshop. That's hard - what's going on with all these updates? I don't get it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In preferences > performance > I unchecked ‘ use Graphics Processor” and it helps, no problems anymore.
And use rulers normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems disabling rulers and moving the pop up window out of the artboard view before changing any settings seems to work. But a bug they need to fix asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea but on my system (Mac Catalina) i get the same issue. I'm now using the levels tool to edit the brightness etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sh*tting me? yearly updates causing more bugs than productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround.  Hiding rulers worked for me.  I was also having the freeze when usuing Hue/Sat and Replace Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with hue and saturation. Preferences does not correct the problem. Only began with latest upgrade. Is there a way to go back to an older version so I can get my work done?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was wondering the same thing. I have to force quit each time and it is agravating. I want my prior version back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines