• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Photoshop Mobile: Change Canvas size - Photoshop iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought the iPad Pro 12.9" and I am loving photoshop and Lightroom. Is there a way to change the canvas size to a specific size and use alignment? 

{Thread renamed & moved by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As of now the ability to change the canvas size has not been added to Photoshop on iPad, however, you may suggest it as an idea here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/search/show This forum is directly monitored by our developers and they might look into implementing this for future updates.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Mobile forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As of now the ability to change the canvas size has not been added to Photoshop on iPad, however, you may suggest it as an idea here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/search/show This forum is directly monitored by our developers and they might look into implementing this for future updates.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is major function. I really not have to always need to go to desktop every time for this/ the link above is dead. Is there a new request link for function. You guys can't leave that out. That would make me wish not to ever want to use iPad on the go with photoshop. The 12.9 screen isn't a good work space as is.... that's a major function that needs to be added IMHzO opinion 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can kind of hack it by using the "Crop" tool to extend your canvas wider. It's not very approximate but it's a rugged solve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unreal actually. The only way to make the canvas larger is to go to "crop" and drag AWAY from your image. And you can only drag so far. And you can't zoom in while you are using the crop tool. I just stitched together a series of screenshots covering the whole length of a long webpage for my portfolio using the app. I had to start with one image and crop out several times to get a usable workspace. A truly awful experience. It wa also another grueling 20 minutes or so in this app where I am wondering if I don't know how to use the app or Adobe just left that feature on the table (they did).

Another option, now that I know, is to start with a custom gigantic canvas constrained to the width of my screenshots. And then start laying in images. 

Either way the last thing you will have to do is execute a harrowing crop to remove the excess. Harrowing because you have to try and crop while seeing an image that is about the width of a postage stamp. You can't zoom in to make sure you crop exactly. So, in my case, I ended up with a one pixel sliver on both left and right sides. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not directly though there's a very simple method to achieve pixel perfect canvas resizing. 

1. In Lightroom choose edit in Photoshop

2. Copy the background layer 

3. Create a new layer and drag it to the bottom

4. Delete top layer (original image)

5. Resize as usual 

6. Paste the copied original layer and it'll be centred perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, thanks Ru9623. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all, 

You can edit Canvas Size and Image size if you use Affinity app on iPad! 

One you open up your image in Affinity app:

1. Click on the icon that looks like a document/piece of paper (top left menu bar)

2. Click on Resize

3. Make sure the "Resize" option is on Canvas instead of Document

4. Then make whatever appropriate resizing dimensions you want.

5. Click Apply.

Voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines