Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

M1 iMac Photoshop Problems

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be incredibly thankful is someone knew a way to restore functionality to Photoshop on my iMac 2021. I lost functionality for many things, and many other things have become very slow, laggy, and certain features immediately crash the program...

Lost features:

• Select Subject (either has a terrible selection pattern, or crashes the program instantly)
  • Patch Tool (even when sampling a sharp image, it will produce a grainy/noisy result, which is totally unusable...)
  • Extensions (Have to enable Rosetta for these, which in turn breaks more features)
  • Magic Wand, Background Removal tool, Object Selection tool all cause crashes upon use.
  • Legacy Extensions through Rosetta are incredibly laggy, and take at least 5x longer to process the same actions.

There's more, as well. These are the key features that my workflow relies on, which are not restored upon activating Rosetta, nor are they restored by reverting the Photoshop version. There is no Beta for Photoshop in CC, at least not for me. CC and Photoshop are up-to-date.

Please tell me there's a solution, and that these issues haven't been plaguing M1 users for upwards an entire year. I simply cannot keep using my personal PC for work projects. I work with large-format printing, high-end portrait retouching, and high resolution scanning & restoration. You can imagine, then, that the files I work with are enormous. There has not been a single day since receiving this iMac where I've come into work expecting to get a ton of stuff done. I always anticipate that I'll spend half the day waiting for files to transfer, and I am always right.

And to think we were marketed this product, by our Apple rep, as if it was a Graphics Designer's "dream" machine. Yeah, sure.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was reading your post then came acroos this which you may not have read...

Photoshop for Apple Silicon

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please make sure you're are up to date with either Photoshop 22.5.2 or 23.0. Let us know if you're still having trouble. If you crash, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: Submitting crash reports

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines