• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Big Sur Huion H420 Pen Pressure Not Working.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 2018 running Big Sur. 

Photoshop CC 2021

Huion H420 (Driver is updated)

Pen Pressure works in the pressuretest app which means pen and tablet work. Input Monitoring and Accessibility are given permission. Any idea how to resolve this? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Unfortunately it looks like the Mac version has not been updated since March so it could be that you have a newer version of the OS or Photoshop that Huion has not upgraded yet. Newer versions have the option that were released in May. The H420 is over 6 years old now - not sure what the life expectancy for Huion to support their hardware is. Newer tablets do have more recent drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn on "Support TabletPC" box in the current Huion Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin.

Thanks for responding but unfortunately there's no setting like that within the driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it looks like the Mac version has not been updated since March so it could be that you have a newer version of the OS or Photoshop that Huion has not upgraded yet. Newer versions have the option that were released in May. The H420 is over 6 years old now - not sure what the life expectancy for Huion to support their hardware is. Newer tablets do have more recent drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know, @TimothyMetroManila, I have this exact same problem. I'll inform you if I find any workarounds!! Just wanted to throw that solidarity out there. 

I just saw @kevin stohlmeyer's response and I'm bummed because my pen tablet was given to me as a gift a year ago and I'm just getting around to using it....aaaaand maybe it's already extinct. Darn advancing technology 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kg.creative. I appreciate the thought a lot!

For the past few weeks I haven't been able to find a solution, but if I do, I'll make sure to share it here to help you out!

Thanks again! Thanks for the solidarity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet is to contact Huion to see if they have alternative drivers or updates you can try to use with your tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm jumping in with the same problem!

Mac OS 11.3.1
Huion H610PRO
My biggest annoyance is that it was working on 2021, stopped working with 2022 upodate, I installed 2021 again and it doesn't work. There is a newer huion driver, but it does not recognize when the device is plugged in. 

My current work around is to use my old (dying) computer - If anyone has insight on installing PSD 2019 I'd love to hear it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines