• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mac custom brush .abr but can't load in windows pc

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a set of custom landscape brushes from a mac user of photoshop cc but when I import it into my windows photoshop cc I can see the folder but not open it.   First image is my download folder download folder.JPGlandscape brushes downloaded 11 22 2021.JPG In my download folder on pc I see .abr .abr twice in the file that was sent to me.  I thought all photoshop .abr files would work either in mac or pc?  is it a file extension problem?  I tried renaming the file to reflect just landscape brushes.abr but still cannot open the folder inside photoshop cc on my windows desktop.  Can you tell me how to resolve the problem with the mac user?  The user doesn't use windows at all.

Thanks for any assistance

R

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did they send them to you?

Can you ask them to zip the files first before sending them?

(on a mac the user selects the abr files in finder then right clicks and selects Compress which creates a zip file of the contents selected)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brushes were a download in Skillshare.com on a class that teaches painting a landscape in photoshop. She is using a mac pc  and doesn't understand why the brushes won't work with my photoshop cc for windows.  I was able to install the brushes on photoshop for the ipad but I prefer using my windows version on my 24 inch monitor.  

I ask her to do that.

Thanks

Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I writing back again for last attempt on this issue with the skillshare teacher.  She put a zip file for downloading but it was strange looking zip file, however I was able to extract the file in windows and import the file into the brush settings - but again I cannot access the landscape brushes in windows photoshop cc - it shows the folder but I can't access the individual brushes.  I'm adding the file she sent me as well as what I see into windows photoshop cc.  I had no trouble downloading the brushes in photoshop for ipad but I prefer working in photoshop cc for windows on my large 24 inch screen.  I think the issue is how she created the initial .abr file on her Mac.  I did post your reply to her but I don't believe she understands windows pc  since she is a mac user.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The abr file you provided seems to open fine here on Windows 10 and photoshop 2022 (23.0.2)

Do you run any anti virus software besides windows defender?

Screenshot-(708).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines