Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mojave update photoshop CS6 not opening

Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Can't  use CS 6 Photoshop as due to upgrade on Mojave, it shows adobe application manager is incompatible. i have updated all the software (production premium CS6) and everything else works, any ideas, contacted support but they told me to come here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

thanks for the info, I have re installed high sierra, and everything works fine now, if i get the courage to upgrade in the future I will give your solution a go!!!

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, halexander86!!! You just saved me hundreds of dollars and a major headache. I Skyped with an Adobe tech person about a similar issue (mine was an issue with CS5's photoshop crashing) and all that they tried to do was up sell me into another version of their product, all the while declaring that the real issue was Apple's current OS Mojave was designed to make older apps inoperable. I knew that this couldn't be the case, so refused the several $$$ upgrade and tried to dig deeper into these forums for a solution. Thank you for your easier than simple fix!

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had that checked. Any ideas what I can do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This worked!  I have CS5.  I just use it for basic editing and graphics for my small business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a champ. To all of those saying the only choice is to go to the CC version, I choose not. Heard too many people having prob's with CC and limitations with their images. When CS6 completely quits, I'll start using something like Affinity Photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for that helpful information!

I have been dreading the upgrade to Mojave as I dread every upgrade which is why I usually skip one or more. I’m currently running El Capitan, so it is now crucial for me to catch up before I get any farther behind.

Adobe’s subscription is the biggest disappointment. It’s the equivalent of renting a house all your life. You put out money forever and never own it. Plus CS6 has everything most independent, small business, freelance designers need.

I will be checking out the Affinity apps you mentioned, but I’m very grateful for the information you’ve given so I can continue to use CS6 until it just wont work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@halexander86 Thanks so much - your fix worked! Im soooo grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million for posting this, halexander86! PS CS6 would launch, then crash. Now, following your suggestion, it's back up and running. My other CS6 apps were fine, just PS would do this.

When I finally run into the wall and CS6 is toast, I will be working exclusively in Affinity apps for my workflow. I have begun to familiarize myself with them already.

I will miss Bridge, though. And I'll need to find a successor to Acrobat.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked GREAT--thx SO much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the suggested setting changes in system preferences and my cs6 works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks so much, I thought I'd lost an entire morning's work but now it's back!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thanks! And well said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Try to use the latest version of photoshop cc 18. Because with those MAC OS Mojave upgrade you are not able to use ps cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 works perfectly fine on Mojave if you follow the aforementioned steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well let me check those steps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having problems using Nik B&W with CS6 in High Sierra on a 2018 imac. They all worked fine on an older imac running El Capitan, but decided in my wisdom (???) that I needed a newer imac that runs a bit quicker than my 2010 model.

Just wondered whether or not you use Nik, Topaz etc and have had any issues with Mojave?

Enjoyed and fully agreed with your comments about Adobe & CC versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop Touch Bar don't work in Mojave update... anyone can help ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if assigning Photoshop to Accessibility helps:  Restart your Mac afterwards to be sure.

SystemPrefsAccessibility.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Mojave on both my iMac Pro, and MacBook Pro.  On the MBP I don't even have the "Allow the apps below to control your computer" checked for Adobe Photoshop CS6, and it works fine.

On the iMac Pro, whether I have that Accessibility/Privacy setting checked or not, the same PS CS6 opens but I can't get a window to show any images, and even when I try to open an image, nothing seems to happen.  The big gray box is not appearing on the iMac Pro.

PS CS6 was working on the iMac Pro after the Mojave update, and then it started this strange behavior of no workspace box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay update, on the iMac Pro I did all this as suggested from above:

Go to

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences

and trash the following:

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings folder

Adobe Photoshop CS6 Paths

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

Then go to

/Users/User Name/Library/Saved Application State

and trash the

com.adobe.Photoshop.savedState folder

and the PS CS6 opens fine now on the iMac Pro too, with Mojave running.  Mind you, I never had the crashing issue, just I had this bizarre issue of I couldn't even get the PS editing black window to appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great, all the cs6 apps are working, except After Effects. It has a forbidden sign over the appicon, and I can not add it into Accessibility -> Privacy.

Any ideas to get it working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p2molvaer  wrote

This worked great, all the cs6 apps are working, except After Effects. It has a forbidden sign over the appicon, and I can not add it into Accessibility -> Privacy.

Any ideas to get it working?

I don't know if you updated to 11.0.4

See this page: After Effects CS6 (11.0.4) update: bug fixes for ray-traced 3D renderer and Spanish version on Windo...

And look at this thread: Adobe CS6 - After Effects - Not Compatible | MacRumors Forums

And see what the After Effects forum can advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will check it out. I did clone my drive with Sierra installed before upgrading to Mojave, so it's possible for me to just roll back if it doesn't work.

Thanks for pointing me towards the right direction though, couldn't find it on Google

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating AE to 11.0.4 did the trick! Now all the CS6 apps are opening. Hopefully they'll work through my projects to some extent.

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines