Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mojave update photoshop CS6 not opening

Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Can't  use CS 6 Photoshop as due to upgrade on Mojave, it shows adobe application manager is incompatible. i have updated all the software (production premium CS6) and everything else works, any ideas, contacted support but they told me to come here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

thanks for the info, I have re installed high sierra, and everything works fine now, if i get the courage to upgrade in the future I will give your solution a go!!!

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I never know if a tip will work, but good to hear that you can stop troubleshooting and start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy Tab -> check the box to allow Photoshop to control your computer. Now it should work. I found this fix on a Macworld.uk article and it now works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mrxd, that System Preferences workaround appears to have worked with my old but serviceable Elements 11 - it has stopped instantly crashing. You need to go to the Accessibility tab within Privacy (see https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/open-apps-wont-work-mojave-photoshop-3684425/ )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theOzman, Adobe support NEVER USE SKYPE. You have been scammed. I hope you did not give them any credit card details, nor let them have access to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 11.01.16 AM.png

This is the best answer I could find in solving this problem. However the entire Adobe Master collection is stable using Mac OS Mohave when allowing every app to control the computer as in the attached image of the security and privacy window.

Note: When I first heard Adobe was coming out with a cloud-based "non-ownership" monthly software leasing... I quickly purchased the entire Adobe Master collection CS6 for Windows and macOS -based platforms... Why because they  were already good enough for anything anybody ever really needs to do...

I was not going to be one of those people locked into monthly residual income for Adobe corporate profit mongers. Just saying... Whether I get better performance from Mac OS high Sierra or Mac OS Mohave... ~ Finalizing my operating system is more of a blessing rather than making upgrades to the "latest and greatest" a priority.

Nope, - I have everything I need... Condescending Adobe support above, telling you that you need to enter a relationship with Adobe creative cloud falls upon a great number of deaf ears. (Not winning over previous loyal customers with that language Adobe!!!)  Eventually they will learn, that everyone from College Students, Firm Owners, Visual Communication Majors, IE ~ photographers, graphic designers, front end and back end web designers, and mobile app developers, (Whatever your case may be), we won't let them take a bite out of any of our monthly expenses or profits... ~ True that!!!

Here is my system configuration... FYI Good luck Everybody!!!
Mikes-imac.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running cs5, I did the part where you allow adobe to control your computer but my cs5 keeps instantly shutting down.  Apples fix to this was to clear my harddrive and re install Sierra.  Any other suggestions would help greatly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 5--did what alexander 86 said:

Go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility (left pane) and check "Adobe Photoshop CS6.app" (right pane). That's it, from now on Photoshop CS6 won't crash anymore on macOS Mojave. And can probably be used for many years to come.

You have to unlock the little lock on lower left and then of course we have 5 so check Photoshop 5.

I did it, restarted and Photoshop started right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might not be able use cs6 on the next macOS even though photoshop cs6 itself is 64 bit, some of the helper apps that is uses like the update manager and service manager are 32 bit. So plan accordingly since apple says 32 bit applications will not run on macOS 10.15.

You can check for 32 bit software/apps by going to Apple>About This Mac>System Report>Legacy Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I did that also but it didn’t fix the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that on Mojave (not Sierra) and also I denied Adobe control.  Don't know if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike 85 it worked!!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 will keep running just fine if you DON'T UPGRADE WINDOWS OR MAC OS. People seem to want to keep some of their old stuff and mix it with the latest bells and whistles, and this is where it all goes wrong.

Yes, Apple could keep old apps running, but they have said this is not their plan. Remember, Apple make most of their money through people buying apps in their app stores. They have a strong incentive to break old apps. It's all part of the joy of Mac, though Microsoft are getting in on the game too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and it sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your business can't afford  60 Euros a month for the key tools, maybe you should change jobs (or not upgrade your OS!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should read what I wrote:

I'm using all the latest applications in my agency job, but for private use or small projects to pay 60 Euros a months is a lot.

Or for people that do NOT have or make as much money as you probably do....

>>>But sadly money and consume rules this world, and unfortunately big corporations like Apple Adobe & Co are

just feeding into this trend, instead acting responsible and sustainable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pure arrogance! Read my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it isn't that what Adobe charge for subscription, it's that if you stop paying the software stops working and you are denied access to your files. That is tantamount to extortion and should be illegal. Compare this to Modo, a 3D software I also use. You have a choice to subscribe or buy for starters, although you pay more for the stand alone version- but- if you subscribe then decide you can't afford it any longer the last version of Modo you bought will continue working. That seems to be a much fairer paradigm. If Adobe used this model I would have no problem buying into CC.

I simply wont upgrade the Mac OS or if I am forced to than i will finally ditch Adobe and use affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely. That is exactly the point. I have largely avoided subscriptions but with those I have succumbed to, there is always a 'fallback version' which is permanently licensed which seems like a much fairer scheme. It also gives Adobe an incentive to continue to improve the software rather than sit back safe in the knowledge that they don't actually have to do anything and their customers just have to keep giving them money, potentially for nothing.

I haven't seen anything in CC that is a really compelling upgrade, CS6 is really good and I have already given Adobe a good deal of money over 25 years to get to that point. I also have cameras that are 50 years old which still produce fantastic results. However I am going to keep a very close eye on Affinity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree entirely. I have used CC as a freelancer in studios and there is nothing in it worth selling your soul for. Considering how long CC has been running you would expect some amazing new additions by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never lose access to your files. They are stll on your computer and can be opened with other apps that read PSD. You could even move to Tiff which has the properties as PSD.

Where you will get burned is editing those files in an app that does not have the features Photoshop offers. Same problem with editing a CC 2019 PSD in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is true. Another app may not  have some of the layered effects PS might give you so in effect I have lost access to those files as I created them, which was my point. I have given thousands of pounds to Adobe over the years so I do feel a certain entitlement. Lets not forget that Adobe promised to support CS6 indefinitely when the subscription model was introduced as a sop to all the negative criticism they were getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to the party, but FWIW I am using Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium on my Mojave 10.14 without issues.

There was a catch though..  I could not run SETUP on a newly installed Mojave, I could only run the apps if I had it already installed on high Sierra.  So what did I do?  Simple.  I opened the disk image, opened the "Adobe CS3 Design Premium" folder that has the Setup.app and I CONTROL-CLICKED it and selected "Show Package Contents" then navigated to "Contents/MacOS" and double clicked the Setup terminal app and Wa-lah!  It installed on Mojave.  Only thing I didn't install was CS3 Version Cue since there will be no update to this software, but Photoshop, Illustrator, etc etc, apps work just fine.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edgar, good to hear you have CS3 working I hope you do realise that there is no chance AT ALL that it will work in Mac OS 10.15. This is the end of the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine with me.  I think with dark theme I am happy enough sticking with Mojave for the rest of my 2010 Mac Pro and 2012 MacBook Pro lifespan...  I don't think I would like to run "iOS" on my Mac...   xD    I am about to give up on Mac anyways and going Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe promised that support would end for CS6, and they kept their promise. Good on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines