Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac mojave update photoshop CS6 not opening

Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Can't  use CS 6 Photoshop as due to upgrade on Mojave, it shows adobe application manager is incompatible. i have updated all the software (production premium CS6) and everything else works, any ideas, contacted support but they told me to come here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

thanks for the info, I have re installed high sierra, and everything works fine now, if i get the courage to upgrade in the future I will give your solution a go!!!

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for the latest Cloud Update - it SUCKS!

As a designer (UI, UX & Print in digital agencies) I have been using Adobe Apps for about 25 years. I was always excited about new updates, as they seemed to be reading my mind with the new featuteres.

I just recently upgrades to the latest Cloud version at work, and have never had as many problems with Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.

And why would Adobe change shortcuts and basic funktions that people are used since ages?

I'll definitely never sign up for the cloud for private use. If they stop supoorting the CS6 version which I still use on

my private computer I'll for sure switch to Sketch, Affinity & Co for good.

Why Adobe - WHY? Stopp thinking in $$$$$ - start thinking about your customers needs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to Mohave and PS CS6 works fine. I included CS6 in accessibility before opening it. But I don't know if I needed to. Reference; Go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility (left pane) and check "Adobe Photoshop CS6.app" (right pane).

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom. In your opinion is Mojave worth the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dark mode is kind of cool, I guess. I don't make much use of Apple's "ecosystem" so you have to see what appeals to you. I waited until the .2 release of Mohave to make sure everything was sorted. But I definitely needed to know that CS6 would work a while longer as I am not yet up to speed on Affinity Photo. In the end if one wants to get the most out of the creative apps, one must ride the wave of constant hardware, OS, and app upgrades.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Like you I don't notice the bells and whistles they add. All I want to do is launch the applications that I use for work. As with PS, the OS upgrades offer very little new or useful. We are upgrading just to keep them in business:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One glitch I have found is apparently Photoshop, in Mohave, no longer recognizes Canon ColorSync profiles in the print dialog. I have acquired the Canon icc paper profiles and manually installed them in all the ColorSync folders I can find. But the profiles do not appear in Print>color management> printer profile. Of course, there are other printing options. Affinity prints using the system dialog and LR6 seems to still recognize the Canon paper profiles.

Now using Affinity Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any idea if Windows will force this same update? We have used both platforms to run CS5 at my office smoothly up until recently. The Mac versions are all garbage since the Mojave update. There is no need for us to upgrade our design suite as it does everything we need and more. I ask about Windows locking out these Adobe programs because the PCs are still operating fine. If they will continue to work fine into the future, I'd rather replace 3 MacBook Pros with PCs before paying for Adobe's monthly "service" for CC. It would pay for itself in a few months and we'd be back to no monthly service fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro is still capable of running apps built 20 years ago, like PageMaker and Ventura Publisher. Neither of these have been supported since XP went away. Yet they can still work fine (and fast) in W10 pro's latest version. I know, I use them! Shame on Apple for cutting off it's user's legs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use it.  Just ignore the warning.  If you don't upgrade past Mojave, you are still fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. The amount of denial in this thread is amazing. We clearly live in a post-factual society: reality is whatever you want it to be.

Here's a fact. Some of you may not like it, but there it is: old software sooner or later stops working as the rest of the world moves on.

Some of you are trying to make this about subscription vs. perpetual licensing. That has nothing to do with it. It's old, that's all.

For some people, CS6 still works under Mojave. For some, it doesn't. So the question is, do you feel lucky? Next time around, next OS update, the chances are slim to none. This is probably the final chance to run CS6, for those who still succeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is about subscription vs. perpetual licensing. If I want CS6 to work on Catalina, then I have to pay Adobe's subscription fees. Simple. I get why Adobe wants to move people to subscription, and forcing them to pay to upgrade a program that had been working fine for them and probably would continue to work fine on the new system accomplishes the goal of keeping the revenue stream up. Well, sorry, folks. I'm not about to pay Adobe $60 a month for a program that I don't make money with and use maybe once a month. I'm going to stick with Mojave until Apple won't let me any more, and then it's time to finish switching to Affinity Photo. They don't screw their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, being an occassional CS6 user, I did not realize that when I upgraded to Catalina a couple days ago, that it would literally kill my use of CS6. I'm a 77 year old senior (and a veteran) on a fixed income, retired and a lot of my graphic work is/was for our local Senior Center. I can't afford a $60/month subscription, couldnt even afford a $25/month subscription. My CS6 was working just fine with my iMac running Mojave and it pisses me off that Apple doesn't put up a huge warning flag that screams "Many Current Applications will not work with this Upgrade" and provide a linked list.  Now I'm in a true dilemma... do I purge my Mac and somehow reinstall Mojave? Do I simply delete and reinstall CS6 as a 64-bit version? Do I switch from Adobe CS6 to some other program like GIMP or Corel or whatever? Its just a real PITA for those of us who don't have corporate budgets or can write off business expenses when we don't really have a income-generating business.  Any advice other than pay the subscription fee would be appreciated.

If Adobe's making so much money from corporate subscriptions, perhaps they should offer free subscriptions to bonafide seniors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the world moves on at a different speed for different people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... the world does move differently for different people. I had checked download & install OS X updates automatically, and yes, I just unchecked that after I go the surprise slash through my Photoshop Icon. So, I store almost all my work on external drives, so its a minor nuisance for me to reformat the 250 Gig SSD.  But what I'd like you experts to tell me  is not to pay $720/year and shut my mouth LOL... no, please tell me the steps needed to recover the drive to the Mojave version it either came with or was working with last week.  And then... tell me if I can reinstall CS6 in a 64-bit format?  Or possibly tell me that I can somehow erase/delete the CS6 completely and reinstall on Catalina using a 64-bit option?

Thanks in advance for the help.-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"$60 / month"  "$25 / month"...! . For full Suite of programs- I assume.

For Photoshop only- The Photography plan at US$10/month includes Photoshop 21.0.2, Lightroom-Classic 9.1, Lightroom 3.1, Adobe Bridge, Lightroom Mobile (Lightroom-Desktop), Portfolio web-site, all with the 20Gb Cloud storage plan.

Yes, for Photshop users, it is time to "move on". And it all works with the latest operating systems (including Catalina).

I do not regret, ever, taking out my subscription to this plan.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great 👍🏻 good for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CS6 suite was working fine with Mojave, Photoshop was running great. Made the mistake of auto updates and Catlina got installed and when I tried to open PS it crashed.  I did discover a partial work-around that I've been using.

Go into Applications and click on Photoshop CS6, right click the Adobe Photoshop CS6.app, then Show Package Contents, click on Contents, then Mac OS, the double click the terminal icon/Adobe Photoshop CS6.  A terminal window will open, and you'll get a couple of warning popups, canel those... then Photoshop will open. Its 100% functional with two exceptoions; you can't Save for Web, and you can't open a JPG image.  I bought Affinity Photo, so if I need access to a JPG, I open it in Affinity, then Export it as a PSD file. Minor inconvenience, but now I can open the file in Photoshop.  And... I can save the file as a JPG as long as I use the "Save As" selection.

Since this is a relatively new (6 month old) iMac and I opted for the 250 Gig SSD, all my graphic files are on my 2 Gig Fantom Green USB drive.  I'm seriously thinking about clearing catalina out, and going back to Mojave although most folks seem to think you have to go back to High Sierra. So I'll study it, decide after the holidays because it ran fine for the past 5+ months with Mojave... not one bug.  And in the interim, I'm trying to learn more about the features of Affinity Photo.  Adobe is going to lose a ton of users to Affinity Apps because nobody wants to rent a program outside of corporate and other high volume users.  Its also a good time to take a good hard look at Corel again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a constant irritant for me since upgrading.

I believe I've accidentally stumbled across the solution: Go offline.
Photoshop CS5 now works perfectly for me as long as my WiFi is off!

I'm suspecting that Adobe is doing this remotely to try to encourage people to upgrade to the latest Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open terminal and type in the command 

/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6 

/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6 is working for me as a temporary fix .   -  A tech-enthusiast, developer, consultant and entrepreneur from SipCo Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was running Photoshop CS6 under Mojave on a 2013 MBPr but when I tried to update it and Bridge from Help/Updates the updates would fail with some bizarre download error that clearly wasn't right because they had all downloaded perfectly well.

I then tried a clean install of Sierra which allowed me to install and update Photoshop and Bridge CS6 without hitch. I had not installed any other software before installing Photoshop. I had only installed whatever OS updates (security, Safari, iTunes) the computer said were available.

Then I did the exact same with High Sierra to see to how recently a macOS version I could go. Again both install and update worked like a charm.

This made me wonder if a clean Mojave install would circumvent whatever it was that prevented me from updating CS6 to the latest version before.

Well lo and behold — a clean Mojave install worked. As before, I installed Photoshop CS6 through the "Show package contents" solution and then ran the updates.

Interestingly, when I first ran Photoshop after the updates it itself said that I needed to tick Photoshop in System Prefs - Security & Privacy - Privacy.

Philip

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines