Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac: Unable to open document or locate and delete temporary files

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Apologeis if this has been posted before but I've been searching all morning and haven't found anything that quite solves my particular issue it's been driving me crazy!

Every time I open a particular photoshop document (it is a quite large 5GB Animation file) and click on 'About this mac' I see 1.8TB of information fill up my harddrive listed as 'Other' so I get the 'scratch disks full' error appear even though before opening the document I have 1.8TB of storage free on my mac. Leaving me unable to 'Purge' the backups from the document it's self.

I have been into 'Library' - 'Application support' and deleted all the cache files for adobe programs in there but still no success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. I have run scans on Clean my mac and Treesize and neither of them can locate the files generated by opening a single photoshop document. I have also turned off 'Automatically save auto recovery information' but I am unable to open the document in the first place to be able to 'Purge' the backup files.

I am running mac OS BigSur version 11.4 

Any help would be greatly appereicated,

Many thanks,

Ben 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines