• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro (2012) with High Sierra 10.13.1. Have Photoshop CS6 & CS 2018. Can't convert CR3 files.

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook Pro (2012) with OS High Sierra 10.13.1. Have Photoshop CS6 & CS 2018 and they won't recognise or convert CR3 files from my new camera (Canon 90D). Have tried to find a converter to DNG so I can open either in Lightroom Classic CC, or photoshop, but cannot find anything compatible. Seems neither Canon nor Adobe provide software to deal with this. I downloaded DNG Coverter 14.1 (didn't work on my old OS system) and Camera Raw 14.2 (same problem). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance! 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to upgrade to use the newer raw formats. Time to upgrade your equipment and PS. You can try downloading Bridge, I don't know if it will run on your old computer. If you can get Bridge and ACR to work you might be able to open them. If you have PS 2018, you should have CC and be able to do it. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Melissa, it’s just a bit tough to be a South African with our currency at 15:1 against the dollar. I’ve just upgraded my camera. Now I have to upgrade my computer as well? When it works just fine? This is the scam that these big companies pull on us, the constant “upgrades” that force us to keep spending to pay their salaries.
What is ACR? I have Bridge, I will try it now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ACR is Adobe Camera Raw, as mentioned you can find it to update in your creative cloud. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be able to just update your camera raw filter in Adobe Cloud. Scroll to the bottom (Sorry Adobe does not understand/embrace the fundamental UI/UX design principle of alphabetical navigation). Let us know if you missed that as an option because it was at the bottom.

MikeGondek_0-1649955264922.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your camera is indeed the Canon 90D then it takes camera raw 11.4 or newer to open the CR3 files.

macOS High Sierra 10.13 and photoshop cc 2018 should support your 90D if you install Camera Raw 12.4

from here if the Creative Cloud Desktop application doesn't work:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Just in case your interested you should be able to upgrade your existing MacBook Pro to macOS Mojave 10.14 or macOS Catalina 10.15.

Mojave if you have a lot of 32 bit applications, since 32 bot apps don't work on Catalina.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines