• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro 2021. upgraded to 22 and now images are always opening hidden by grey.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the new macbook pro 2021. ive been using photoshop for about 20 years. dont understand 1/2 of it but can whiz easily editing images, etc. i uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop today because when i upgraded to 22 the images all now open as grey. i can wiggle/move them on the monitor to be seen but its a pain. i can see the images ok in full screen with toolbar but go back grey on standard screen mode. i cannot see what to do to stop this. is it me or the software? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Go to preferences/performance and turn off "Use Graphics Processor". Restart Photoshop - does the issue persist?

If not, what OS are you on? Catalina/Big Sur and do you have more than one monitor connected to your laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today, ive just spent a few hours EXTRA on a village newsletter because of this problem. ive to be on full screen to see the image and edit on multi-layers,  and on standard screen to see the tabs to close them. opening images, sizing and adding to the doc is a bleeping pain. please, whats changed when i upgraded to photoshop 21.1.0 and how do i sort it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i still have the problem. every image i view in standard screen mode is just solid grey. its a pain. please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences/performance and turn off "Use Graphics Processor". Restart Photoshop - does the issue persist?

If not, what OS are you on? Catalina/Big Sur and do you have more than one monitor connected to your laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much....🥰🥰🥰🥰 i am 69 and love my photoshop. ive had a few problems over the years and usually sort it out. this one stumped me. thank you so much for helping. merry xmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to you and yours!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Mojave 10.14.6 and have this problem consistently in PS 22.2. Whene ver I open a file, the screen is off screen, or partially renderes the lower at at teh top of teh screem. I have turned off Use Graphics Processor as instreucted with no better results. What is wrong? PS CC  20.0.10 is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a screenshot of your entire screen to show the problem?

Have you tried updating to 22.5?

Try restoring your preferences using this manual method:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines