• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook pro with more monitors

Participant ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have two monitors added to mac book pro. My problem is workspaces. However much I save a workspace, I always end up with all the panels compressed into a single monitor. This is nerve-wracking, because I don't actually have any certain area of ​​work. With the PC this did not happen.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the panels detached from the Application Frame? I have the same setup with an M1 MBP and two external monitors. My workspace saves across both just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the Application Frame. It drives me NUTS on the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need it off completely,  you can still detach groups of panels to move to a second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the Application Frame might not solve the problem, or at least it should not be necessary. I use the Application Frame all the time, and still maintain multiple-display Photoshop workspaces for my MacBook Pro.

Photoshop will cram all the panels into one display if I disconnect the external displays. But as long as the multiple displays are connected, it works fine.

(Also, it doesn’t drive me nuts on the Mac because an application frame is now Mac standard. Apple Photos, Apple Pages, Apple Keynote, etc. all use an application frame that contains panels with the document in a single application window.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop will cram all the panels into one display if I disconnect the external displays. But as long as the multiple displays are connected, it works fine.

That is normal behavior for the Mac. Anything on the external screens will reposition to the main screen if disconnected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is normal behavior for the Mac. Anything on the external screens will reposition to the main screen if disconnected. 

By @kevin stohlmeyer

Yes, of course. I didn’t mention that was expected behavior. There are other display behaviors with Adobe apps that could be considered bugs, but that isn’t one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use a MacBook Pro with two displays, but my multi-display Photoshop workspaces work fine.

Some questions that might help isolate the cause:

Which version of macOS are you using?

How are the displays connected? Directly to Thunderbolt ports on the Mac, through a Thunderbolt or USB-C dock, through a DisplayLink adapter, or something else?

If you open System Preferences (renamed to System Settings in macOS 13 Ventura), and you open the Mission Control pane (renamed to Displays and Dock in macOS 13 Ventura), is the Displays Have Separate Spaces option enabled or disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the mac uses "Ventura 13.2". The monitors are not connected directly, but with two port extenders and with hdmi output. I have now tried - as suggested - looking at the Mission control settings. In fact I would like to try disabling the first one which makes me think it rearranges the spaces... which I don't want. Let's hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a screenshot so we can see the Spaces/Mission Control settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mission.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try turning the last one off, this will mean the menu bar is only on the primary display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines