Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

MacOS Monterey problem

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I have been using Adobe CS6 for a few years now. I have just installed MacOS Monterey operating system and now CS6 will not work.

Does anyone know how to get this working ? I hope not to buy any new software as CS6 does everything I need it to do.

Thanks

Stuart

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Hi

CS6 in not compatible with MacOS Monterey, the only options you have is to revert to the OS that it did work on or subscribe to the Creative Cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-monterey.html

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6 in not compatible with MacOS Monterey, the only options you have is to revert to the OS that it did work on or subscribe to the Creative Cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-monterey.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, thanks for the quick response. I s it possible to buy as a one off fee onto the creative cloud ? I do not want and monthly plans or any continued payments. I was happy with the set up before going onto Monterey. I knew I would get some problems but never thought the CS6 suite would be affected. I dont want to go back to the previous operating system

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option you have is Photoshop Elements which can be bought as a once off payment, the Creative Cloud is a subscription service.

https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/photoshop-elements/whats-new.html

You could also do a Google search for Photoshop alternatives

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged, 

I was forced into buying Photoshop 2023. I told customer support the problem that MonterayOS has caused, then said I needed Photoshop, paid £86 for it, then the dumb person supplied me with a Windows version, how thick after discussing a Mac issue. I then had to call again and they are issuing a refund, I then tried to but Photoshop Mac version but the closed at 5pm and wasnt able to. I have been forced into taking a subscription out simply so I get get critical work in place on a new website. XP and Monteray slowed my Mac up badly, it wouldn't function. I have deleted about 170gb of video and other things, it has speeded up. But now I have to learn a new Photoshop platform quickly, the navigation is baffling at first. I want rid of the XP suite as the boot up on the computer is terribly slow. But I think Adobe will not be open until after Boxing day. Why do Adobe employ dump people who cause people problems

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have been scammed- but not by Adobe!

You cannot "buy" Photoshop. You can only subscribe with a Plan like the Photography Plan (20GB). $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

" supplied me with a Windows version,"  If you installed the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App and used it to install Photoshop then the CC Desktop App install will be for your Mac version.

"closed at 5pm"- rubbish!  The CC Desktop App can install at any time, anywhere.

And what is "XP suite"? (Pardon my ignorance!)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.1, Lightroom 6.1, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0.1, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen maybe the OP is referring to Photoshop Elements 2023

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop-elements.html

2022-12-24 11_16_15-Easy photo editing software - Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023 — Mozilla Firefox.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right Ged, it is Photoshop I purchased, not Creatice Suite. They are jumping to conclusions without knowing

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are right Ged, it is Photoshop I purchased, not Creatice Suite. They are jumping to conclusions without knowing

By @Stuart2768721185ok

Just so we're clear: you didn't order Photoshop, you ordered Photoshop Elements. Those are two different applications.

This is the Photoshop forum. Elements has its own forum.

Neither are "internet applications". The difference is that Photoshop is only available as a subscription license. That means you pay per month and the application needs to connect once every month to verify the license. The rest of the time you don't need to be connected. The application itself works locally.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, do you know which is the last version of Photoshop that is not an internet application ? Sometimes the internet connection is slow here as on a farm in the country. I need the versions which can be used without internet use at the same time. 

Opening files for images is sometimes taking ages and this is bad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stuart2768721185ok for Photoshop Elements you only need an internet connection for downloading and product activation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html#PhotoshopElements2023

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not appear to be a scam, the license key is in my Adobe account for Photoshop Windows version. Yes it is possible to buy a one off license for Photoshop, without subscribing to Creatice Cloud. If I phone Adobe Customer Support contact number, then it is Adobe, nothing else. The UK phone service closes at 5pm as stated when you phone them after these hours, try it. I have screenshot of the Windows license key in my Adobe acocunt. Forget about thinking it is a scam. I range Adobe back and explained what had happened and they started to initiate a refund. I have to wait 7-8 days for this to arrive, but then I tried to buy the Mac version and when I phoned they were closed after 5pm, this is the UK not USA

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stuart2768721185ok the only version available as a once off payment is Photoshop Elements. Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are two different applications, Photoshop is on subscription only.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support directed me to their technical support after the fella reaslised what had been provide to me, which was wrong. As it is a Windows version the person who directed me thought it would not be suitable for a Mac. If you phone Adobe up and speak to them about what Photoshop versions are available and tell them that you do not want any subscriptions and have always bought one of version, which I have 6 to 8 of from over the years, then they will offer you exactly these.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob is right. This isn't how the creative cloud works. If your description is anything to go by, you've been scammed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be how CC works, but I did not buy CC, I bought Photoshop direct from Adobe as a one off fee of £86. Confirmation emails from Adobe arrived with the serial key, just a shame she supplied Windows version and not Mac. I could attach screenshots, but they all show the license key, which I do not want to make public. I have dealt with Adobe through National Diplomas and Foundation Degrees, so more than familiar with the packages I personally want, which are

not current subscription suites

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You CANNOT buy "Photoshop direct from Adobe as a one off fee"!

I have no idea who "National Diplomas and Foundation Degrees" is!

Only Photoshop-ELEMENTS is available for a one-off fee.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.1, Lightroom 6.1, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0.1, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines