Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS) Not enough RAM message after updating from 23.3.1 to 23.3.2 and after

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Im using an iMac Pro (2017), with a 3.2 gHz 8-Cord Intel Xeon W processor, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GTB Graphics card and 64 GBs of RAM running on macOS Monterey version 12.4.

Im an architectural photographer that relies heavily on multible layers, masks, and multible adjustment and cloning layers. My machine has run flawlessly for years until I updated Photoshop from PS 23.3.1 to 23.3.2. Right after this update I started getting "Not enough Ram" messages right in the middle of edits. I solved the probelm by downgrading but I now find myself stuck at version 23.3.1 without being able to update. I've tryed the other higher versions hoping for a fix but all versions up to 23.4.1 give me the same error. I have tryed all the fixes I read online with no luck.

So my question to the group is what happened in release 23.3.2 that rendered my machine useless (for me anyway), and is there a fix or is it time to upgrade my hardware before Im left behind?   

Many thanks for this resource.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Photoshop. We are here to help.

Does this error show up when using a specific tool or operation? Are you using many guides in the documents you work on?

Does this happen with smaller documents, or does it only occur with large documents? Where is the document stored on an internal or external drive? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please upgrade to Photoshop v23.4.1 and try these troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes from here,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sameer,

In my workflow I save project files from my camera's card to a dedicated 2TB external SSD drive, exclusivly for post processing. Files are imported to Lightroom where they are sorted and tagged. I use the edit in >open as layers in Photoshop command to create a layer stack in Photoshop for masking. This could be a 5-10 image layer stack. My camera captures a 60MP RAW image so I know Im tossing around a lot of pixels. Once a project is complete, I move it to my networked RAID. With the newer versions, photoshop usually freezes or throws a trouble message when I use the align layers command or use a brush on a mask. I've solved my probelms by downgrading to PS version 23.1. And yes, Ive visited and worked through the trouble shooting pages and have tried to update to newer versions (including 23.4.1), many times with no luck. That said, I have not tried granting PS full disk permissions. I'll try that. Its been a pain to test the waters and upgrade only to have to work my way back down the versions until I land back on 23.1 where everything works well again. I even used the creative cloud cleaner tool to delete all older versions off my machine and reinstall. Rather than trouble shoot this any longer I just ordered a mac studio. Five years is too long to wait to update hardware and my gut tells me its permissions or hardware related. If it turns out to be permissions I will post an update. Your time is greatly appreciated. I have a long history with Adobe products and I continue to be amazed at how inovative the company is and the efforts they take to support its customers and the creative industry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines