• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(macOS) Photoshop random error message while watching a film

Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching a film late last night on my iMac, and during a delicate moment, the film disappeared and then this message flashed up in the middle of the screen!

I have zero idea why this happened. It makes no sense since I hadn't used photoshop since a few hours prior, nor was I trying to open a PDF in photoshop.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Didn't appreciate such an intrusive and random message which disrupted my viewing...

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 23.48.03.png

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to help you figure this out.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop & the macOS you are working on? Was Photoshop open in the background when this happened?

Other users reported this issue in the past if the iCloud backup was enabled with the 'Optimize Mac Storage' enabled.

You can also try Edit > Purge > Clipboard in Photoshop before you close it.

Check the original post around this here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quot-this-is-not-a-valid-portable-doc...

Let me know if this helps,
Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, will read the link.

Photoshop 23.5.0
OS Monterey 12.5.1 (21G83)

It was last night and I cannot honestly remember if Photoshop was still open. 

So you are saying I cannot have iCloud enabled in order to stop seeing this error message again? Hmmm.
And that I have to purge my clipboard all the time manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing just happened to me. I was also watching a movie when Photoshop opened itself. With the same message "this is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF) document".

I've reset the preferences of Photoshop. The first time this has ever happened. I can only Pudge the video cache. The other options were, greyed out.

Is this a security concern? Scary!

Photoshop 23.5.1 release
2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
MacBook Pro
macOS Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did this happen? I'd like to get an answer from Adobe, and don't want this to happen again. Has this issue been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching a movie when Photoshop opened itself. With this message "this is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF) document It can not be opened". I've reset the preferences of Photoshop. The first time this has ever happened. I can only Pudge the video cache. The other options were, greyed out.

Is this a security concern? Scary!

Photoshop 23.5.1 release
2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
MacBook Pro
macOS Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines