• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS Ventura compatibility

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that Photoshop isn't guaranteed to work with beta versions of operating systems, however, OSX Ventura is going live today, so has there been word from Adobe regarding compatibility yet? I have searched but don't see anything (unless missing it)

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BarryWhitelaw wrote:

Osx Ventura compatability

I haven't seen any word from Adobe, but I wouldn't dream of updating my OS on the first day — or even the first month! Let others find the bugs, is my opinion.

Ventura is not macOSX, by the way — it's macOS13. Catalina was the last of the Xs.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, when I worked for Apple Retail, OS&T would upgrade all of our computers to the new release on day one. Dogfooding at its finest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has this Helpx article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-ventura-compatability-common-issues.html

Adobe say they are still testing on Ventura.

"We strongly recommend you wait until we have released a compatible version of your app."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i installed ventura today and working with photoshop latest version, all fine!

except for .psb icons preview in finder, they are PS default, no thumbnail preview.

i bought the osx extension from john ellis, "PSB quick look plugin" which shows all PSB icons in the finder, very important for my work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to create a secondary account on my Mac to test and installed Ventura and Photoshop worked fine for me.  No issues so far, and after a few weeks will just remove it.

Same for Illustrator, Lightroom etc. All seem to be ok (at least for me)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @BarryWhitelaw and @pets for volunteering for the others 😉

A new partition seems the safest way to do it, if you need the new features brought by the OS as soon as possible...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Photoshop, this help document was created 3 days ago: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-ventura.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines