• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Wand selection deselects when I click "select and mask"

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug. I am probably doing something wrong since I'm still new to photoshop

here are the images to clarify what I mean:

Magic Wand selection:  

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.14.41 PM.png

2) then when I click select and mask, it seems to go away:

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.15.20 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Hi. You are doing it right, but the interface isn't showing you your original selection. At the top of the dialog box on the right, there's a preview drop down (the image at the top of it allows you to select different views). When you click that, the top of the dropdown is "Marching Ants", which will allow you to see your selection as you made it. All the other options are available, too - so you can refine and paint that selection to perfection. If you REALLY like the end result you can change

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You are doing it right, but the interface isn't showing you your original selection. At the top of the dialog box on the right, there's a preview drop down (the image at the top of it allows you to select different views). When you click that, the top of the dropdown is "Marching Ants", which will allow you to see your selection as you made it. All the other options are available, too - so you can refine and paint that selection to perfection. If you REALLY like the end result you can change "Output Settings" at the bottom of that dialog box to Layer Mask, and it'll create that layer mask for you.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines