• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic Wand tool bug when clicking with Wacom pen

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bug in the newest version of Photoshop where, when making a selection with the magic wand tool with a Wacom pen, there is an unintended move action performed at the same time, causing the selection to shift mistakenly.

The move action is logged in the history, despite the fact that clicking with the Magic Wand shouldn't ever cause a selection to move. This generally only happens on the first click of the Magic Wand, and then performs normally for any additional selections.

This bug happens on the Wacom Cintiq 27QHD, which uses the older Wacom Pro Pen 1. I do not know if this bug is also present on the newer model Cintiqs that use the Pro Pen 2. This bug does not happen when using a mouse.

This bug was not present in older versions of Photoshop.

I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop 2022.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have WinTab or Windows Ink enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows Ink. The Wacom Drivers are up-to-date and Windows Ink is checked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Twokinds I haven't been able to repro this, however I have the Pro Pen 2.  Any chance you could attach a video of this happening so that we could see what's going on?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines