Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashing on with Photoshop on macOS

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New install of 22.5.

The first file I work on, crashed 4 times within 10 minutes. Doing diferent tasks, brushing, cloning and moving around while zoomed in.

Photoshop just dissappeared, no hanging or warnings.

iMac Pro,  Big Sur 11.4

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB 

128Gb Ram.

Downgrading to 22.4.3 no issues.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

This was marked fixed for 23.0.1. Let us know if you're still seeing crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What had you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting before rolling back? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point in the future:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a live production environment, stable software is essential. I considered, brusing a mask and cloning to be a simple task.

Roll back to a stable version as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a production environment sticking with obsolete software stops being an option when the OS/hardware stops supporting it – so unless you can lock down your system rolling back should only be considered a short-term solution. Though it may indeed be inevitable at times … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing similar issues you described above, but on a WIN machine Photoshop 22.5 freezes over, and no functions are available after opening an image. It just sits there and you have to use the activity handler to make a hard stop of the application since it is not responding at all. This has occurred only since the update to version 22.5 yesterday. I just rolled back to the previous version, and I am experiencing no issues whatsoever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems starts two days ago with 22.5 version. I was thinks it's my computer problem, but LR, PS express and different Adobe programs working without problems, but PS still not working. When uninstall 22.5 and install 22.4.1 version Photoshop is working like before updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 22.5 this morning, PS crashes immediately when trying to do something as simple as adding a Levels Adjustment Layer via the Layers pallette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What had you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting before rolling back? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point in the future:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too, specifically every time I use layer masks for blending and start doing strokes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop twice now and have reset my preferences, but it's still happening, with large and small files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kasey5FC5 Thanks for submitting a crash log. I've asked engineering to take a look.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I too am having the same issue with v23.0.0, Using Mac OS 11.6.0 on a Mac Pro. I upgraded to OS 11.6.1 and Ps2022v23.0.0 will still not open, it crashes instally.
I hate that the first response is always, reset your preferences. It takes a lot of time to set the app to work the way I want and Adobe does not supply or suggest a way that preferences can be saved or printed so that restoring them can be easily accomplished.

I did not delete Ps 22.5.2 and it opens just fine without resetting my preferences under both OS's.

v23.0.0 will not open and I get an Apple problem report. I cannot copy and paste the error details in a reply to this comment because the fourm thinks it is spam.

If anyone else is having the same issue, please add at least a "Me Too" or and "Up Vote" to this thread so that Adobe will see this as an issue without making the user jump through hoops to valdate that this is an issue.
Thank you very much and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was marked fixed for 23.0.1. Let us know if you're still seeing crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, the new versions are working as expected. So I imagine all those that told us to reset our preferences were wrong, the problem was much more serious. Making the user jump through hoops would not have fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate