• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an image much bigger

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It's quite simple... I have a pixel art image. It's the Zelda map. I found it here: I would lik eto make it bigger and print it out.  When I say bigger, I mean 1m high. The image is now 50cm high. When I zoom in on photoqhop, It doesn't get blurry because it's pixel art.  But if I change the image size, it become blury.

Is there a way to make this kind of image bigger? I undersatnd that it would be complecated with a normal photo, but this one, because it's "pixel art", I some how image it would be easyier. Is there a way to change the pixel size? (what size is a pizel anyway??)

I hope someone can help me figure out a way...

Thanks in advance!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Just uncheck resampling and then you will see the resolution change as you increase the physical size. That is no problem though, the image is still made of the same number of pixels. Just less of those pixels in an inch.

If the printer can't handle an image with so few pixels then check resample and resize but change the sample method to Nearest Neighbour.

A pixel is the smallest unit in a rasterised (i.e. pixel based) image. It has no physical size as such. That is dependant on the output de

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uncheck resampling and then you will see the resolution change as you increase the physical size. That is no problem though, the image is still made of the same number of pixels. Just less of those pixels in an inch.

If the printer can't handle an image with so few pixels then check resample and resize but change the sample method to Nearest Neighbour.

A pixel is the smallest unit in a rasterised (i.e. pixel based) image. It has no physical size as such. That is dependant on the output device being used to display it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! how simple! Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. It worked perfectly! I  will ask the printer about the best settings.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines