• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making an image with a 'corner'

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to making some player cards to put upn in a sports team dressing room for each player. Each card will have info like player name and picture, squad number, sponsor etc. I want to make it look like it has a floor and wall or a corner in the image. Attached is the first atempt. i'm also thinking of making the coloured lines have a torn edge effect, but wanted to get the over all look right first. 

Am i going in the right direction? For some of them i want to make it look like the is a corner on the left or right. 

Any pointers would be apperciated player card test.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're off to a great start! Are you looking for tutorials? Here are some that might help...

Here's a tutorial that shows how to make a torn edge effect:

Make a ripped paper edge

And here's one for making rounded corners:

Edit rounded rectangles

You might also add some gradients if you want to help sell the floor/wall idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like your concept. Below are a couple of ideas to give your design a more 3D look.

Perspective
Thickening the white lines and widening their spacing in relation to the orange area suggests these objects are getting closer to the viewer.

Perspective / Shading
Adding a reduced opacity black to transparent gradient along the floor also helps suggest distance. While it doesn't necessarily work with the "wall" I hope it demonstrates the point.

demo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines