• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marching Ants not showing on 2022 Update

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else noticed that when you select the marching ants no longer show up in Photoshop?  Sometimes they'll come up, but most of the time - especially with SELECT ALL - no longer display no matter how many times I try to correct it. 

Also, Photoshop 2022 does not display RECENT DOCUMENTS. 

Hope they fix these bugs soon.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the problem is still there.  No marching ants.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to the older version because I got tired of the problems with the latest version.  Plus I have a lot of things going on and haven't had any real time to explore the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not experiencing either problem on my Mac. Are you updated to 23.0.2? Can you tell us more about your computer?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is I had a chat with Support and was advised to try turning my graphics processor off.  It worked and I am back in business.  preferences>Performance>Graphic Processor Settings>uncheck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@f8ctodd it means that you will get no GPU acceleration. If possible, a newer graphic card would be useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely correct and I plan to do just that. Meanwhile I have
lots of work to do and I am able to get it done without the frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a PC, maxed out to 16gb ram (because it was cheap and that's as far as it goes on ram.)  4-Core, generic video card.   I figured I need something with a little more punch to really see if the issue is with the new version of Adobe Products would work better.   But that's going to take a little time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I've finally come to that conclusion.   I knew the desktop I got doesn't have the punch needed for everything.  And it handles Premiere and After Effects for more smoothly then I ever thought it should - that's a minor miracle.   I usually use Photoshop with a far more robust equipment.   Another issue is this thing has a mini-tower so that limits graphic card upgrade and what's out there for upgrade just makes me roll my eyes.  The marching ants thing isn't a deal breaker.  It's more annoying to the workflow more then anything else.  But it still works, so there's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines