thanks

janee_0-1668951640666.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

@Dwarister 

The "useless" typefaces in your screenshot are from Apple and cannot be deleted. You can complain to Apple.

In Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, the workaround is to Favorite the other typefaces, then Filter to your favorites. It takes a couple of minutes, but those horrid typefaces that everyone hates are hidden.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212587

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you on that one 🙂
You can use a font management app (ie: Nexus Font) that can activate/deactivate fonts on the fly. They are still in your system, but temporarily invisible. Maybe you have a similar font management system within your OS?
I don't know if Adobe has something similar within their software, I would be keen to know if they have 🙂
The only thing that you can do within Adobe, is if your fonts come from Adobe font. In that case you can un-sync them directly on the website.

Imaginerie_0-1668950796344.png

top right menu "manage fonts"

If not from Adobe fonts, and if you know you'll never use them, you can de-install them simply (It can be good to keep them in a safe place in case they dissapear from the market somehow and you change your minds)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dwarister 

The "useless" typefaces in your screenshot are from Apple and cannot be deleted. You can complain to Apple.

In Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, the workaround is to Favorite the other typefaces, then Filter to your favorites. It takes a couple of minutes, but those horrid typefaces that everyone hates are hidden.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212587

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you jane-e i understand 

i will use filter into adobe app 

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Dwarister .

A second way is to filter to any Class, such as serif, handwriting, decorative, et cetera. If you do it that way you need to remember to change the filter when you want a different class.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines