Masking and Properties Panel in Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was checking a YouTube video on masking difficulties. I was instructed to "select subject" and then "select and mask". It think a mask was created, but it seemed as if the mask was a slightly transparent layer. The Properties panel didn't look like my properties panel at all (see attachments of my Properties panel, my Layers panel, the Properties panel from the video), and my photo file was no longer a file I could adjust. I couldn't go back in the history panel. And the layers panel was very unfamiliar. Almost all my menus bcame greyed out. And I was unable to continue following any instructions in the video. I started this procedure from the beginning several times with no luck at all. Can anyone help?
I'm reallly trying to find a way to mask hair, but nothing seems to work for my in all the videos I've tried.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peter2598996150uk wrote on September 6: 

Your post is word-for-word the same as one from @Peter G Millward , also on September 6. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/properties-panel/m-p/13182519

Are you the same person? 

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines