• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking screen?

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click select and mask and then click select subject and the screen comes up the circle comes up to add or subtract spots. Is there a way to change the color of the black circle? Some pictures you cant see it unless you move mouse around a lot. Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

It's more usual to click on Select Subject before Select & Mask.  You need to get the selection close to what you want, and as a last step use Select & Mask to clean it up.

What View setting are you using with Select & Mask?  Try setting it to Onion skin and Transparecy to 100%

image.png

Also try turning off other layers. You can see above that I have nothing behind the selection and can see what I am doing

But if I have the situation below with an underlying layer filled with black

image.png

Then Select & Ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots to illustrate what you are talking about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more usual to click on Select Subject before Select & Mask.  You need to get the selection close to what you want, and as a last step use Select & Mask to clean it up.

What View setting are you using with Select & Mask?  Try setting it to Onion skin and Transparecy to 100%

image.png

Also try turning off other layers. You can see above that I have nothing behind the selection and can see what I am doing

But if I have the situation below with an underlying layer filled with black

image.png

Then Select & Mask is difficult to use because the black layer below is visible.

Note I have change the View setting to Marching Ants so we can see the selected area.

image.png

Does this help at all?  If not, we need a screen shot as requested by c.p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow it helps me a lot.Thank you! i knew it had to be a better way than i was doing it. I had it on red and painting tons in or out. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines