Massive text box appears when trying to use Type Tool.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try add text with the type tool, it creates this massive text box (Photo1). If I attempt to resize the box by clicking on the corner nodes, it seems to randomly position itself on the canvas(Photo2). I cant even drag it around while its highlighted like that. The box also used to be filled with gibberish automatically but I figured out how to turn it off by going to Edit>Preferences>General>Type>Disable "Fill new type layer with placeholder text". How do I disable this box thingy? It wasnt like this before?

Photo1:

test.JPG

Photo2:

test2.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay nevermind. I tried a different mouse and it worked fine. I think My old mouse was bugging and was somehow dragging the type tool which resulted in the text box. Even tho the mouse wasnt physically moving or visually dragging on the screen so im not entirely sure what it was doing.

Id delete this post but it seems that it isnt a feature on this website?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines