Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory Insufficient when printing to Pixma Pro 100 via Print Studio Pro

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are having real trouble printing at the moment thanks to this issue. It has only become prevalent in the last few days. We are running a Mac (have used both an iMac and Macbook) to a Pro 100 and 100s. It is affecting both bordered and borderless prints.

We have tried fresh installs of Photoshop.

Fresh installs of Print Studio Pro.

Fresh installs of the drivers.

Nothing seems to be working.

Can anyone help us troubleshoot this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. For me the picture begins to print but basically looks like black and white clouds. I noticed a couple times when I would hit the print button Photoshop would crash. I should mention I am printing 13 x 19 pics using photoshop with canon plug in. Adobe has a page that try to resolve printing issues. One is to go into photoshop preferences and add more ram. I noticed the pixma 100 has some some software and driver updates. I am going to try that. I think my problem is somehow in the network. Hope you solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything with this exact same issue and what worked was to flatten the image before printing. I was using a photo-filter adjustment layer on a 13x13 image when the crash happened and I went through the whole process of updating OS, software, network connections, drivers, allocating more ram.... it took forever and I'm glad I did it but it still crashed as soon as I tried to print the image with the adjustment layer. Flattened it and *bingo*, we were in business. Fingers crossed that the issue actually gets fixed soon.... also haven't tried yet with a larger image. Don't forget to "un-flatten" the image before closing the file if you want to save the adjustment layer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this trouble too and I've managed to fix it. I'm afraid I cant tell you which of the following things was the solution, because the last thing I tried was replacing a "low" cyan cartridge.

Anyway, few things you could try:

1. Switched from wireless printing to usb cable printing, and then deleted the wireless print profile from System Preferences > Printers, just to make sure I was using the cabled connection/profile.

2. Using the Print Studio Pro app via Photoshop, I changed my Paper Source from Rear Tray to Manual Feed.

3. In PSP app again, I changed the Print Quality to High.

4. In PSP app again, under the Color Management section, I changed the Color Mode from Use ICC Profile to PRO Mode (have a hunch this is an important one)

5. Make sure none of your cartridges have a low warning - even if it looks like there's enough left in one to run a print – if there's a yellow triangle, change it.

That solved it for me and these forums have been helpful in the past, so wanted to share...but appreicate the Canon software is so buggy, it might not be a fix for others. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Print Studio Pro is a Canon product, it's probably worth contacing Canon or a Canon forum. You might find some work arounds here, but Adobe can't fix it, only Canon can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines